ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW E46 330i Touring
I have only ever owned two Apple products. Ultimate fanboy!

Fact is MY phone works fine. I understand people have issues, I don't. Do I give a s**t about all those that have problems? Sorry but no.

Honda & VW
I'm due an upgrade and am tempted by the 4 however i currently have a Samsung thing which is basically just a phone and nothing special, opted for a Ps3 instead of a fancy phone.

My question is as i'm new to iphones surely a 3gs would be awesome enough as i've never had anything like it, part of me wants the 4 simply because its the latest one out and alot of my mates are tied into keeping their 3gs' for some time now so i'd trump them so to speak. But then part of me things sod it just get a 3gs as they're cheaper all round.

so basically if i've never had an iphone before should i not worry about the 4?

I'm due an upgrade and am tempted by the 4 however i currently have a Samsung thing which is basically just a phone and nothing special, opted for a Ps3 instead of a fancy phone.

My question is as i'm new to iphones surely a 3gs would be awesome enough as i've never had anything like it, part of me wants the 4 simply because its the latest one out and alot of my mates are tied into keeping their 3gs' for some time now so i'd trump them so to speak. But then part of me things sod it just get a 3gs as they're cheaper all round.

so basically if i've never had an iphone before should i not worry about the 4?

Yes. If you'd never driven before, would you like a Clio or a Ferrari? (If the costs were very similar)

It's a far superior phone. Get the best you can afford..

SLK 350
Nah, mine's a phone. Better signal, consistently, than my 3G ever had.

Hi

Apple said:
Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong. Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength. For example, we sometimes display 4 bars when we should be displaying as few as 2 bars. Users observing a drop of several bars when they grip their iPhone in a certain way are most likely in an area with very weak signal strength, but they don't know it because we are erroneously displaying 4 or 5 bars. Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place.

It's still a load of sh*t, I mean look at the speedtest results for WIFI on the link that was just posted.

I used my mates at the weekend, screen is immense, speed is immense, signal issues are dire. Will I get one if they don't fix it? Probably not.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
That would in theory fix it tho? Since the touching that area makes the signal appear to drop alot more than it actually is, the phone therefore thinks it has no signal and stops communications as it thinks it's not able to?

That's my interpretation anyway.

RS Megane DCi 175
I'm surprised by the fact that calls drop based on the 'number of bars displayed' rather than actual signal strength.

I mean what difference does it make if the phone displays 4 bars but calls still drop?

BMW E46 330i Touring
The Hoff - sorry I should've gone into more detail. Both my work and home addresses are in areas where 3G used to be okay but a bit sporadic. With my old iPhone, the 3G would come and go, with my 4 it's always on 3G.

Plus, Internet pages load a helluva lot quicker on 3G now than they used to on my old phone.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Not my pics but from AV Forums. Ideal case for me because it provides simple scratch protection for the back of the iPhone without adding any real bulk.

p2-1.jpg

p3.jpg

At the same time, we continue to read articles and receive hundreds of emails from users saying that iPhone 4 reception is better than the iPhone 3GS. They are delighted. This matches our own experience and testing. What can explain all of this?

Then they say..

Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong. Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength. For example, we sometimes display 4 bars when we should be displaying as few as 2 bars.

So the testing and people reporting better signal is wrong anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport
So they are saying if I have 4 bars at home then I should really only have 1 or 2? What a load of s**te. All other phones I have owned show an equally high signal at home and do not lose a call if I hold my phone in a specific way.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Almost clever but it does not account for other phones having no issues when used in the same location.

SLK 350
Who gives a flying fk if it fixes it? If that's the case they need to be bundling them with the iPhone, not charging £25 for something they get made in China for 99p!

Just compounds the fact they're handling this debaccle very, very badly!

Mondeo STTDCI
IMHO - Apple knew about the situation - hence the Bumper cases.

It just makes so much sense to introduce these cases that cover the area.

I think they underestimated their market and demographic, they sell to geeks, of course they were going to notice!

Give Bumper for free - sorted.

Anyone got one for free yet?

Citroen DS3 DSport
This is the most important announcement from Apple. Wow that's going to change everything.

We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see.

It's frustrating that Apple won't admit it to the real issue. Let's change the 'formula' so the networks are to blame for dropped calls.

In fact, it's laughable, and I'm having doubts why I upgraded from my 3GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.