ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 to HTC One X

TT 225+
I have had my iPhone for 18 months now, it's a bit battered and cracked and I fancy a change. Today I saw the htc one x in an advert in the paper with the Vodafone buy back scheme, quite like the look of it, like the android system. I was just wondering if all my music on iTunes will be compatible with this htc device?

Worth a swap?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
HTCs support AAC files :)

EDIT: Well both my Android powered HTCs do.

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Nope, you can convert AAC's to MP3's in iTunes easily. You only encounter problems if it's a protected AAC which you could have a few of if you bought music from the iTunes store.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You don't need to convert, hence me saying the 'Apple derived audio' file is compatible with HTC.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have had my iPhone for 18 months now, it's a bit battered and cracked and I fancy a change. Today I saw the htc one x in an advert in the paper with the Vodafone buy back scheme, quite like the look of it, like the android system. I was just wondering if all my music on iTunes will be compatible with this htc device?

Worth a swap?

Its easy to check if your files are protected AAC's

You could use a program like Doubletwist for android/windows/mac to make the whole experience similar to what you are used to.
However if you are heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem moving to android could be an expensive business.

Polo + Micra
Its easy to check if your files are protected AAC's

You could use a program like Doubletwist for android/windows/mac to make the whole experience similar to what you are used to.
However if you are heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem moving to android could be an expensive business.

by ecosystem you mean monopolisation?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, by ecosystem i mean ecosystem.

I don't see how anything they do is a monopoly. With the exception of the App Store, which i suppose could be considered one.
But then there's web apps, so that point is nulled.

Trust me you don't want to get into an us vs them argument with me. You'll lose.

TT 225+
Tbh I will probably just end up upgrading to the 4s. Have owned iPods/iPhones for the last 6 years or so. Would be a bit daft to change.

Clio GT 1.6
Tried a switch to android last year but went back to ios due to lack of medical/dental apps available on android!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Tried a switch to android last year but went back to ios due to lack of medical/dental apps available on android!

Lolwut?

You shouldn't have any issue regarding music, I never have in the 3 years of Android HTCs. You won't need to convert your files.

Personally I am intrigued to go over to iOS but my only concern is the lack of customisation, widgets and generally having a desktop screen on the phone. I like to have my calendar, notepad, power bar, search bar and favourite'd sites within two slides of the finger away.

2014 Focus Titanium
No, by ecosystem i mean ecosystem.

I don't see how anything they do is a monopoly. With the exception of the App Store, which i suppose could be considered one.
But then there's web apps, so that point is nulled.

Trust me you don't want to get into an us vs them argument with me. You'll lose.

Agreed with Tom here, you can call Apple many things but a Monopoly is not one of them.