ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

it uses mirco sim cards.. does sims like even exists? ive not seen one. ive been waiting ages now for this held back on 3g and 3gs and been waiting for this, id be gutted if it only comes out with a stupid contract and no pay&go option

365px-GSM_Micro_SIM_Card_vs._GSM_Mini_Sim_Card.svg_.png

Craft knife. Done.

J03

MX5 1.8

question is, buy this now or keep waiting for an 's' version?? ive been waiting too long for a refreshed model and its only logical that apple will release a updated version when te bugs get fixed on this one..

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

question is, buy this now or keep waiting for an 's' version?? ive been waiting too long for a refreshed model and its only logical that apple will release a updated version when te bugs get fixed on this one..

Then they'll release another one after that, you might aswell just never buy one ever if thats your philosophy.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

There's always a newer, better model of what you buy at some point: TV, laptop, cars, etc.

The 4G is a "refreshed model", it's a bigger step up from the 3GS, than 3GS was from the 3G. It's worth waiting for for those who's contracts are up for renewal/need a new phone.

J03

MX5 1.8

lol i know but i dont want to get one then a month later a better versions out, these things aint cheap... all my flat mates have got a 3gs i told them to wait for this but they didnt and now they wish they did.. it will be as faster if not faster and better than the current ones anyway

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

But why bother getting the "4GS" next year because the 5G will come out the year after

! You may aswell just wait until your mobile phone spawns into a house, car and girlfriend all in one and then you couldn't possibly want it to do anymore and buy it then! Rumour has it one day Apple will even introduce a piece of self cleaning toilet paper on the back of it (with the apple logo on of course) with 1kg of space to store s**t after you've wiped!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there wont be another model out for atleast 12 months, its been the same from the start, 2g, 12months later 3g, 12 months later 3gs and oh look 12 months later 4g...

MKV R32

i cant believe no one has stopped to think that maybe this was a huge stunt by apple?

Apple are smart people, im sure this is a media stunt to get the hype up about the iphone again. The design is way to standard for Apple, it looks like a ordinary touch phone.

Monaro VXR

I think that is more down to the fact that everything looks like an iPhone now. A lot of the devices are trying to emulate the iPhone styling and GUI. But adding their own take on it.

Personally I quite like the design of the new one. Prefer it to my 3G and it looks like it will be a lot sturdier which is a good thing. Mine has a few hair line cracks in the back. Unfortunately the day before I was going to take it in I dropped the bloody thing. Which marked it, so no way I can get a replacement now. They will just say the drop did it.

BG 182

Tom you seem massively keen on this being a very close to finished article of the new iphone, and seem to be defending apple along with the argument for how genuine it is very well. As it goes im massively in agreement with you and think this is a genuine apple product.

However i do think its a stunt by apple. would apple really release a prototype without even putting a passcode on it? at the very least.

Either way im exited about a new iphone. God i must get out more!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

i cant believe no one has stopped to think that maybe this was a huge stunt by apple?

Apple are smart people, im sure this is a media stunt to get the hype up about the iphone again. The design is way to standard for Apple, it looks like a ordinary touch phone.

Absolutely not.

(I hear they're having a sale over at bargain-tinfoil-hats.com though)

I hope that this is real, or at least apple make some cosmetic changes and don't just release the same chassis with an updated screen and nonsense like that!

S3, Polo

Do you think the pricing structure will follow convention? £579/ £479/ £379

ie - 8Gb 3G drops out of production, relegating the 16Gb 3GS to becoming the 'base' model? Reason I ask is that they have already drawn a line under the 3G and 2G (incapable of multi-tasking).

I'm looking to replace my 3GS (after it was stolen from a repairer!) but I'm willing to wait 6-8 weeks to see if the price of the 3GS drops and I can bag a new iPhone 4 for the same monies.

S3, Polo

What about the '3G' ceasing production and Apple only producing the '4' and '3GS'?

:)

E87 118d M Sport

Im hoping it will be similarly priced as the 3GS on release (and the smaller size being around £440-£450)

Audi S1

I know exactly what I am doing come June/July.

Selling 16gb 3G for £160 (hopefully) Buying myself out my contract which will be 3-4 months, so £160.

Buying the 4G on PAYG get a simplicity £20. Storage doesn't bother me tbh, I never filled a 8gb up let alone 16gb lol

Golf GTD

I'm hoping for a 3G price drop similar to the 2G one when the 3G was announced so I can pick one up cheap and win some brownie points with the missus!

Go cry to your momma!

Selling 16gb 3G for £160 (hopefully) Buying myself out my contract which will be 3-4 months, so £160.

Buying the 4G on PAYG get a simplicity £20. Storage doesn't bother me tbh, I never filled a 8gb up let alone 16gb lol

if it's good nick, you'll clear £250 mate, they're going for a fortune at the moment!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Can anyone give me a run down on this "4G" iphone and what exactly it does that my 3GS wont. Will it wipe my arse after a morning beeriod?

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Instead of buying youself out of contract why don't you just finish using that contract in the 4G?

If you really want to buy yourself out, look into downgrading to the lowest tariff first so you pay 3-4 months at a cheaper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.