ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5: Network Provider

Hi.

• Total voters
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hopefully a poll can be added to this as the iPhone 5 thread seems to be discussions about o2 being b*stards and where to get the best deal. This thread can do all that.

So, which network are you going with, are you going contract/PAYG etc.?

Me, I've ordered sim free, so I'll have a couple of weeks to decide on a provider. I fancy sticking with o2 on one of their Simplicity deals, but obviously if there's cheaper out there that won't bugger me up the arse in the long run, I'm all ears and content to change.

It does appear as though a lot of folk are thinking with 4G in mind, so future proofing, and going with EE (or Orange/T-Mobile at the moment).

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Orange, 16GB White, unlimited texts/calls & 1GB data, £36 a month for 24months, £109 up front.

Mercedes
Hopefully a poll can be added to this as the iPhone 5 thread seems to be discussions about o2 being b*stards and where to get the best deal. This thread can do all that.

So, which network are you going with, are you going contract/PAYG etc.?

Me, I've ordered sim free, so I'll have a couple of weeks to decide on a provider. I fancy sticking with o2 on one of their Simplicity deals, but obviously if there's cheaper out there that won't bugger me up the arse in the long run, I'm all ears and content to change.

It does appear as though a lot of folk are thinking with 4G in mind, so future proofing, and going with EE (or Orange/T-Mobile at the moment).

I'm Currently on Voda, But i am very tempted by T Mobile, the Mrs is on it the only draw back so far seams the lack of a 12month Contract

DB.

BMW 440i
Contract for the first time on an iPhone. Works out at literally the same price (£4 difference) for what I need. Better to keep your money in your pocket longer.

T - Mobile - £219 32GB Ninja Black Handset, £36 per month - 2000 minutes/Unlimited Messages and Data.

Went for T Mobile due to the unlimited data and as they are soon to be EE.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Orange, 16GB White, unlimited texts/calls & 1GB data, £36 a month for 24months, £109 up front.

I looked at Orange PAYG options, and the Dolphin which is unlimited texts and 1GB data allowance, is £30 a month. I won't be paying that considering I'm currently paying £10 a month on Simplicity for a very similar deal.

Lets not forget, in o2's favour, that although they won't be the first to switch to 4G, that their current speeds on 3G are actually faster than 4G and certainly will be for the first few months. By the time 4G picks up, o2 are launching DC-HSDPA that's even faster. EE's 4G network will only run at 21mbps to start with (o2's 3G network capable of up to 41mbps).

Fiesta ST-3
I'm now stressing over either orange or Vodafone. It will be which ever one can guarantee me a Micro sim on the 21st. Which sadly I believe will be neither....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm now stressing over either orange or Vodafone. It will be which ever one can guarantee me a Micro sim on the 21st. Which sadly I believe will be neither....

Nano sim you mean? Don't ask for a micro sim! LOL.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We are going for 3 sim only. All you can eat data is the big draw for us. 200 minutes and 5000 texts also. Does us per month.

£12.90 it works a month. 1 month rolling contract.

Fiesta ST-3
Haha typo. Yeap nano. I went for sim free. There is a local orange shop so may try them tomorrow!! I'm looking at a deal for around £15pm or I might try a rolling contract!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
This deal from 3 is pretty good, but like I say, it seems as though a lot of folk are going down the Orange/T-Mobile route purely with 4G in mind. I'm not sure the other providers will lose out (especially as o2 has arguably the best 3G coverage available at the moment), but it's interesting all the same.

http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/PricePlan_Details?content_aid=1220474369754

The reason I went for the 1 month rolling 3 deal was so that when 4G becomes available I can weigh up the options.

Ged

PD130 Peach
o2 are going to upgrade me..

unlimited mins, unlimited texts, 1gb internet... 36 quid contract.... 16gb black 5 for 99 quid...

Orange upgrade, 16GB Ninja, haven't decided on tariff yet all depends on orange honouring the NHS discounts so will decide when I pick the phone up :)

o2 are going to upgrade me..

unlimited mins, unlimited texts, 1gb internet... 36 quid contract.... 16gb black 5 for 99 quid...

Standard O2 tarriff that. Do O2 not offer anything better for existing customers :-/

They don't need to do anything better.

If you say "Naaaah, geeeeeeez. Dis is a blates rip n ting" then the next person in the queue will take it and pay full price.

Edition 30
Orange.
Some business tariff thing. Unlimited texts, 900 mins, unlimited data etc.
32gb black.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm going to head into Voda at the weekend. IIRC, my contract runs out at the end of the month, so I want to see what kind of deal I'll be looking at for the 32gb.

O2 said today that nano sims will only be available on the 21st and they are unsure as to whether or not they will have any extra than the amount of phones they have.

So bad news for those hoping to keep their contract and buy the phone outright.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
32GB Black. Through Three, moved from Vodafone.

Not sure how I'm going to get on with Three, get mixed reviews. Might cancel it if anything/one gives me a good enough reason to.

BG 182
I stayed with O2 unlimited text/calls 1gb data - 46 Per month free 16gb 5.

Just a note for people considering payg, bare in mind I've not looked into for age, things may have changed! Last year I moved and didn't get reception on O2, so i looked at taking a Vodafone payg deal, the deal was £15 per month but if I took the same offer on 12 month contract it was £10 per month. £60 saving? I took that option

Inferno 182 CUP
FFS pre ordered 2 with Voda. Recieved email confirmation with expected delivery for Friday of ONLY ONE!!! :mad:

Whos the chap on here who works for them as there customer services dept havnt a clue ..

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Ive emailed the CEO office ... want a resolution ASAP so i know if my orders are coming on Fri!

There is going to be the odd mistake due to the sheer volume of orders.

I received my 4S a on the Saturday last year due to a cok up in their system. I was annoyed at the time but in hindsight that was quite sad of me.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just so people know, checking the EE Twitter, I found that moving to EE from Tmob or Orange will not cost anything, but you will have to sign up to a new contract.

And thankfully, EE will be offering VISUAL VOICEMAIL in the new year! Happy Days!!!

Edit: reading more, it says that the whole EE family will have visual voicemail in the new year. So thats Visual Voicemail for EE, Tmob and Orange. Cool!

Inferno 182 CUP
There is going to be the odd mistake due to the sheer volume of orders.

I received my 4S a on the Saturday last year due to a cok up in their system. I was annoyed at the time but in hindsight that was quite sad of me.

If one is late ill be upset but fair enough .. its if it doesnt turn up at all ill be pissed.

BMW E46 330i Touring
If one is late ill be upset but fair enough .. its if it doesnt turn up at all ill be pissed.

Surely, in even the worse case scenario, it's a simple problem to fix by just showing them you've been charged for two? Not sure it's worthy of a board-level complaint.

I'm sticking with o2. I'm too far away from the nearest city to get 4g to make use of it, and I never find myself using o2s 3G and thinking "Hurry up", so I've no real reason to change.

Guess I should have posted in this thread rather than the other. I don't mind paying £300 for the phone, but has anyone seen deals that will match £26pm from O2?