ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB.

BMW 440i
My cracked screen on my 3GS is getting annoying now, but I refuse to upgrade to a 4 knowing it is only another 2 months until the possibility of a new one!

DB.

BMW 440i
Home button is also f*cked. Its only attached on one side , still works completely fine, but only attached on the left hand side lol Learnt my lesson to take a stopwatch into the gym rather than a phone, putting it on the floor and chucking a dumbbell on it.

Clio 172 cup
Iphone 5 is rumoured to launch on oct 7th

Can you tell that we’re getting VERY close to the launch of Apple’s next-generation iPhone? Regardless of which rumors you believe, there’s likely just a few short weeks until Cupertino takes the wraps off of the iPhone 5 (or iPhone 4S, or… iPhone ?) and ‘new’ reports surrounding the launch of the device are coming in almost daily.

Today, 9to5Mac posted that their sources are indicating that Apple is planning to start taking pre-orders for the next-generation iPhone handset starting on September 30, with a target launch date of October 7. This agrees with another report from TiPB a few days ago, and falls in line with those who believe that Apple will be launching in late September to finish off the third quarter strongly. 9to5Mac suggests that Apple has been trying to decide between a launch on October 7th or October 14th, but as things are going well for Apple in regards to production, the launch is currently set for the 7th. Now, since this is unofficial and just a rumor, this date could be the right one, could be pushed back, or could be entirely false. But for now, it looks like Apple plans to launch the next iPhone handset on this date.

If the pre-order date is accurate and Apple does intend to start allowing pre-orders on Friday, September 30th then it’s almost a certainty that they will hold some form of preview event in early September. Apple has traditionally held an event in September, but the focus of this event was generally around the iPod, iTunes and music in general. With music-only devices starting to become less important to Apple, it’s certainly possible that Apple will use their September event to focus on the new iPhone. Apple has also pointed to a September release for the new version of its iOS mobile operating system, dubbed iOS 5, and with the updated iOS now in its fifth beta it’s likely to be released alongside the next iPhone.

The jury is still out as to what new devices we’ll see out of Apple this fall, with some analysts and media calling for a single new blockbuster handset and others suggesting Apple will release two new iPhones. The 9to5Mac report is in the latter camp, offering that Apple may release a new, more powerful handset than the current iPhone 4 and another less expensive handset that may be destined for prepaid markets. The updated iPhone will most likely gain the newer A5 dual-core processor (currently powering the iPad 2), an upgraded rear camera (likely 8 megapixel), and possibly a larger 4.0” display. If Apple does release a less-expensive prepaid handset, it will almost certainly be an underpowered iPhone 4 with some of the bells and whistles taken out.

As per the usual, there is no word out of Apple to confirm or deny today’s report, or to suggest what’s going on with the next iPhone. If you’re desperately waiting for the iPhone 5, stay tuned as it appears that we’re just a couple of weeks away from hearing a firm date for Apple’s September event, where all will be revealed!

DB.

BMW 440i
BTW, Im going to be starting a new contract with mine, so how will i go about getting in there amongst the crowds of fan boys etc and manage to get one ASAP.

Would like it with the contract rather than forking out for handsfree tbh OR is it cheaper this way? I remember a few people did it with the launch of the 4.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
My contracts due at the end of september and ive got a really good contract with orange. Any ideas how much the contracts will be? And im guessing there will be a cost for the handset?. If its alot will just get the four tbh.

Dan.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My advice to you Dave is look at places like phones4u etc... When the 4 came out everyone in the UK was struggling everywhere, saying no one was taking pre-orders and queueing outside o2 and apple, I walked into phones4u a week before release, pre-ordered one for just a fiver and got it on release day.

Go into the different shops and speak to staff around release time basically.

Simple.

Clio 172 cup
Usually about £200 for the handset for a contract of £30-£35 a month

Or free handset but £45/month.

Remember 45x24 months = £1080 :-/

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

If thats the case im prob just going to go with the 4. And when you do the sums over a 24mth contract @£45, it is lol

Dan

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
FFS I can't wait until oct. Mid Sept would be perfect. I assume that network providers will have a massive launch stock?

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I love how you lot work the cost of a phone out by adding the price of the phone to price of the tariff and times it by the no. of months.

That is not the cost of the phone

During that time you are recieveing a service, which you are paying for. The cost of the phone is the cost of the phone, your necessary tariff is what you need to be able to achieve the cheapest bill possible.

I personally will 100% be doing the same as last year, selling my 4, paying off the rest of my 18m contract and paying for the new handset on an 18m contract (hopefully using the money from the 4).

Imprezaworks, if you want my 4 when the five comes out, let me know.

It's two weeks old (3 month apple waranty from then) and in perfect nick ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

I love how you lot work the cost of a phone out by adding the price of the phone to price of the tariff and times it by the no. of months.

That is not the cost of the phone

During that time you are recieveing a service, which you are paying for. The cost of the phone is the cost of the phone, your necessary tariff is what you need to be able to achieve the cheapest bill possible.

I personally will 100% be doing the same as last year, selling my 4, paying off the rest of my 18m contract and paying for the new handset on an 18m contract (hopefully using the money from the 4).

Imprezaworks, if you want my 4 when the five comes out, let me know.

It's two weeks old (3 month apple waranty from then) and in perfect nick ;)

Thanks Rob will bare it in mind. Still cant make my mind up on what to get, no rush as i cant do anything until the end of September anyway.

Dan

Rav4
Or buy a iphone5 from apple for £650 (estimate) use a tesco sim at £10/month

= £890

£650 would be ridiculous.!

Every iPhone I have bought, i've purchased outright, last one being £510, which is a stupid amount for a phone really. Any more than £550 for a 16gb and I think that will put off a lot of people.

Audi S1
£650 would be ridiculous.!

Every iPhone I have bought, i've purchased outright, last one being £510, which is a stupid amount for a phone really. Any more than £550 for a 16gb and I think that will put off a lot of people.

I take it you've never looked at buying a brand new iPhone then.

Status
Not open for further replies.