ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Some quick comparisons of my current setup and what I could do:

Three All You Can Eat plan £25 per month x 24 months = £600 + iPhone 5 32gb £629 = £1229
Three All You Can Eat plan inc iPhone 5 £35 per month x 24 months = £840 + iPhone 5 32gb £49 = £889 (based on 4s prices)

That's a £340 difference.

If the costs are similar for iPhone 5 compared to 4s then I may well upgrade via Three.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

^ Yeah I did similar on a 16GB model:

$199 is around £120 I think. Maybe a little more. It works out cheaper over 12 months to buy sim free (although not by a lot), but obviously a lot of people can't afford to do that or prefer the protection of a contract.

£500 16GB sim free with £10 top up a month Simplicity = £620 a year, therefore £740 over 2 years if you decide to go on.
£120 16GB 2 year contract @ £30 ish a month = £840 approx over 2 years (contracted).

That's if the contract plan is £30. It might be less? Probably more TBH.

The sim I use is the o2 £10 top up a month for free texts and calls. Does me.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It's all about what a fantastic technical achievement it's been to manufacture things smaller / differently (which yes is amazing work), but when you remove iOS6 features from the equation it doesn't offer a great deal to the customer over a 4S does it.

The 5S will be out by the time I get an LTE signal where I live, so that's useless. Camera is pretty much the same, just took a lot of work to keep it that way with the thinner packaging.... oh and my speaker is 20% smaller! Wohoo!

* I'll probably still end up buying one as I'm a sheep, and it's a condition of being in CS Admin

AK

M240i

^ Yeah I did similar on a 16GB model:

$199 is around £120 I think. Maybe a little more. It works out cheaper over 12 months to buy sim free (although not by a lot), but obviously a lot of people can't afford to do that or prefer the protection of a contract.

£500 16GB sim free with £10 top up a month Simplicity = £620 a year, therefore £740 over 2 years if you decide to go on.
£120 16GB 2 year contract @ £30 ish a month = £840 approx over 2 years (contracted).

That's if the contract plan is £30. It might be less? Probably more TBH.

Dont count the $199, that's for American contracts IIRC.

AK

M240i

Yeah, it'll be based on your PCM contract price.

I was £70 on a £40 24m contract.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Hopefully iOS 6 GM release will appear online soon, will probably install it if it does.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yeah, it'll be based on your PCM contract price.

I was £70 on a £40 24m contract.

£40 a month? Jeez.

Yup, definitely outright for me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Fùck me. Honestly knock me over with a fùcking feather duster. That's how you sell a product! That is how you sell a fùcking product!!!

I love Apple.

Good vid wasn't it? Lot of folk saying it's all about being a machined masterpiece rather than detailing the actual phone and features itself, but I thought it explained a lot of them quite well.

AK

M240i

Fùck me. Honestly knock me over with a fùcking feather duster. That's how you sell a product! That is how you sell a fùcking product!!!

I love Apple.

Danny is being gay.

He's right if the final beta (GM) is out though, lol.

You Scots and your cheating the systems.

<3

:D.

LY 182

Not sure when I'll upgrade but SIM only for me.

When I got my 4 on Vodafone it cost me £220 and a 24 month contract at £35/mo so total was £1060.
On GiffGaff £10/mo and say £600 outright for the phone I'd be saving circa £200.

I think the biggest thing for me though is the fact that you're just paying £10/mo. I just feel like I've got my bills in better shape paying £10/mo rather than £35 lol.

LY 182

What the f*ck is GiffGaff?

They run on the O2 network but you just top up and that with them. No contract you just top up whatever a month. I pay £10 for 250 mins, unlimited texts + web.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Good vid wasn't it? Lot of folk saying it's all about being a machined masterpiece rather than detailing the actual phone and features itself, but I thought it explained a lot of them quite well.

I gave up reading stupid views years ago. Infact i'm biasedly not interested in anyone who has a bad word to say about the 4/4S/5. They are awesome pieces of tech. That video epitomises everything Apple is about. The precision, the investment and the simple want to be the best, not compete just obliterate the competition.

That video was epic. The way the English chap talks is simply brilliant. I want it, I want it now.

It's no longer like a new Cod coming out or a new Pes, wondering if trying to improve and change ruins the product. It just gets better because it has all the old stuff and they have continued to improve on it.

Call it evolution if you want. They already made a revoloution.

As said in the presentation, companies are already looking into adapters etc.

I'm pretty sure that's not what was said. They implied manufactures are already working on new docks, ie new kit. Not adapters.

I only bought a £500 dock last month. FML.

Oh, and I've listed our two 4S' for sale.

I'm probably at work when this is available on the store. But if I take my iPhone with me to work and use the store app, is it fairly straight forward buying from it?
I've turned on express checkout as I know it'll be manic.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Shops will probably be sold out but I don't mind paying online when I get back from holiday in first week of October.

iPhone 5 and Fifa 13. Win.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

That video was epic. The way the English chap talks is simply brilliant. I want it, I want it now.

Ives you mean.

I love his voice and the way he talks, my favourite is still his introduction to the iPad video.

Last edited by a moderator:

DB.

BMW 440i

Has the black got a silver edge or a black edge? Differs in the photos?

Definitely black for me, the black edge looks the tits.