ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

they look like something out of starwars!

Edition 30

Blue Nano with EarPods. Cute as fook.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I've tried to convince myself but no, I won't be going Apple.

16GB is not enough for me and I flatly refuse to pay massive excess fees for more storage. Pretty much every other manufacturer allows you to determine how much you have by giving it a memory card slot.

Might have been said/debated already, but why can't Apple do that?

The engineering that's gone into this latest handset is epic...but a micro/nano/whatever memory card slot is beyond them?

DB.

BMW 440i

I'm going 32GB. 16GB is never enough for me.

Never above 25mpg

32GB Black iPhone 5 for me it looks like! Contract is due soon so 3 will be happy with my custom!

DB.

BMW 440i

Black/White/Black/White/Black/White/Black/White/Black/White/Black/White/Black/White/Black/White

Can't decide! Leaning to black for a change.

DB.

BMW 440i

White looks cooler on my desk next to the iMac and Macbook though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've tried to convince myself but no, I won't be going Apple.

16GB is not enough for me and I flatly refuse to pay massive excess fees for more storage. Pretty much every other manufacturer allows you to determine how much you have by giving it a memory card slot.

Might have been said/debated already, but why can't Apple do that?

The engineering that's gone into this latest handset is epic...but a micro/nano/whatever memory card slot is beyond them?

Google don't like sd cards either, you won't find a google experience device with a slot for one, just the internal memory that the device ships with.

If you're buying a non-google experience device you deserve to get burned by the manufacturer.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

32GB for me, but just a colour choice now.

It looks mega, and i'll be upgrading ( still on the 4 and rolling on a rolling cheapo contract ) but will let the mad rush die down first me thinks.....BLACK IS BACK!

Black 32​B for me. Interest free from Apple. Hopefully with a bit of military discount thrown in for good measure.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Google don't like sd cards either, you won't find a google experience device with a slot for one, just the internal memory that the device ships with.

If you're buying a non-google experience device you deserve to get burned by the manufacturer.

What do you mean?

I've never experienced an issue with the micro SD in my Galaxy.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Maps on that video looks very impressive.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

The back of iPhone 5 is made of anodized 6000 series aluminum — the same material used in Apple notebooks — with inlays along the top and bottom made of ceramic glass (on the white and silver model) or pigmented glass (on the black and slate model).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Really not happy with the connector change tho. It's the only thing making me reconsider.

Seems a backward way of thinking behind the reasoning they gave us.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Really not happy with the connector change tho. It's the only thing making me reconsider.

Seems a backward way of thinking behind the reasoning they gave us.

How so? I thought it was quite clever and seems a lot more "future proof"

Meh, not seeing fuss tbh. Basically a 4S with a bigger screen and a bit quicker, and 4G support.
I'm certainly not regretting getting the 4S when I did.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

How so? I thought it was quite clever and seems a lot more "future proof"

From what I remember the reasons they gave us was to save room (understandable) and because we don't use the 30 pin connector as much as we used to due to iCloud and wireless sync'ing etc.

Yes ok it's digital so it can do the same amount of stuff as the 30pin could do and it's reversible (never had a problem with that anyway) but for compatibilities sake I wish they had kept it the same if all the new one is doing is future proofing.

And before anyone mentions the adaptor, I'm even less impressed with that, it's huge and I don't think I'd trust my phone sitting that high out of my docking station on top of that adaptor.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

White ones for me 'n' the wife. Can't find UK pricing for sim only phones?