ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  A silver one
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

O2 have properly shafted me.

When my 24 month iPhone 4 contract ran out in June, I phoned up customer services and asked them what I could do to bridge the gap between my contract ending and iPhone 5 coming out in the next few months. If they couldn’t do anything I told them I would cancel with them and move to Giff Gaff.

The advisor told me that if I moved to the £15 per month Simplicity that I wouldn’t be able to leave O2 for 12 months (not a problem as I didn’t want to), but I would be able to upgrade to the new iPhone as soon as it was released….. I’ve just phoned the Hanley store to talk about opening times, pre-ordering and nano sims as the website is still pretty vague. The guy I spoke to asked for all my details and when he checked on the system told me that I’d been put onto the 12 month Simplicity which meant that I can’t swap phone, tariff or contract until June 2013!!! He advised speaking to Customer Services as he couldn’t do anything and if I turn up next Friday morning I won’t be able to swap my contract.

Customer Services have now amended my details so I can upgrade next week, but only online, I can’t do anything in store Friday morning. That shafts me another 2 ways because I go on holiday Friday night (don’t want the phone turning up and I’m abroad) and I can’t find anywhere online to apply my O2 Open discount code, you can only do it in store! Rubbish!

*EDIT* I can't get onto the O2 site now so looks their pre-orders may have just started.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I don't understand how apple can drop a bollock with delivery times. Surely they have a rough idea how many they will sell (more than the last phone) and accommodate for that?!

DB.

BMW 440i

I don't understand how apple can drop a bollock with delivery times. Surely they have a rough idea how many they will sell (more than the last phone) and accommodate for that?!

I was thinking this.

They knew last year, within the first day that delivery times slipped by a few weeks. They also know they are going to sell them regardless, so why not just make double the amount.

Unless it's due to steadying supply over a few months etc

Darn. 08:20 even Haha.

I ordered at USB to lightning cable too. Likely to be the reason?

Honda. Tesla Someday

WTF are o2 doing???????? They must have had tonnes of time to prepare for this! Update the pricing details you bunch of f*cktards!

Shocking!

DB.

BMW 440i

WTF are o2 doing???????? They must have had tonnes of time to prepare for this! Update the pricing details you bunch of f*cktards!

Shocking!

Prices were mentioned on their twitter.

O2 must have lost alot of customers from this. I know of atleast ten people who were on O2 and are now going with Orange/T Mobile or 3.

I suppose if I cancel the cable, the iPhone wouldn't then move back to the 21st?

Drat.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Shocking!

They're being clever like Aykroyd and Murphy on Trading Places. Biding their time while others invest in Orange Juice. They're playing the market and then bam, everyone's onto o2. Buy buy buy!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

ive been with 02 for about 10 years, today i moved to orange

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

Prices were mentioned on their twitter.

O2 must have lost alot of customers from this. I know of atleast ten people who were on O2 and are now going with Orange/T Mobile or 3.

Been with o2 for years and just switched to Orange for the 5.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'll probably stick with o2, but at least I have a sim free phone so I can decide in the next 2-3 weeks on which SP to go with.

Mini Cooper S

O2 have properly shafted me.

When my 24 month iPhone 4 contract ran out in June, I phoned up customer services and asked them what I could do to bridge the gap between my contract ending and iPhone 5 coming out in the next few months. If they couldn’t do anything I told them I would cancel with them and move to Giff Gaff.

The advisor told me that if I moved to the £15 per month Simplicity that I wouldn’t be able to leave O2 for 12 months (not a problem as I didn’t want to), but I would be able to upgrade to the new iPhone as soon as it was released….. I’ve just phoned the Hanley store to talk about opening times, pre-ordering and nano sims as the website is still pretty vague. The guy I spoke to asked for all my details and when he checked on the system told me that I’d been put onto the 12 month Simplicity which meant that I can’t swap phone, tariff or contract until June 2013!!! He advised speaking to Customer Services as he couldn’t do anything and if I turn up next Friday morning I won’t be able to swap my contract.

Customer Services have now amended my details so I can upgrade next week, but only online, I can’t do anything in store Friday morning. That shafts me another 2 ways because I go on holiday Friday night (don’t want the phone turning up and I’m abroad) and I can’t find anywhere online to apply my O2 Open discount code, you can only do it in store! Rubbish!

*EDIT* I can't get onto the O2 site now so looks their pre-orders may have just started.

I'm in the same situation but that's b****cks. Ring up O2 and in the menu it says you can fastrack upgrade for £0. So I'm attempting this atm. 9 mins on hold and counting....

DB.

BMW 440i

I have had O2 contracts since the age of 10 when my parent's gave me my first phone, with 2 years in between on Orange. So ten years with O2 in total, now on T-Mobile, soon to be EE which will be T-Mobile and Orange combined if that's how it's going down.

Honda. Tesla Someday

SOOOO glad I made the decision to leave o2! What a load of cr*p!!! They make everyone was half a day to reveal their prices and they werent even worth the wait!!!!!

What the heck happened though?? Did they only just realise that the iPhone 5 was coming out and then crap themselves?

Mental 172 Cup

Left O2 today to join Vodafone. See how they get on with me over the next 2years.. 32GB in black on its way to me. Thank you..

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

I was debating a 32GB but I simply don't need that much memory so opted for the 16GB.

Mini Cooper S

O2 are having technical issues and won't be taking pre-orders over the phone. Only online when their system is fixed later on today.

DB.

BMW 440i

£37,400 worth of iPhone have been ordered by CS going by the Poll lol!

16GB - 28 = £14000
32GB - 32 = £19200
64GB - 6 = £4200

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

How can people possibly need 64GB of memory on a mobile phone? Lol

DB.

BMW 440i

Why Vodafone? - genuine question

Same question, I think the capability and potential of EE with 4G lured me to Tmobile/Orange. Potentially 5 x quicker than 3G would be immense.

Especially for someone like me who lives in either Birmingham or Nottingham, very close to the city centres where signal would be good!