ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

DB.

BMW 440i
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

For those going forward with O2, are you/are you not bothered about the 4G potential of EE?

32gb Black pre-ordered with O2.

Not really fussed about 4G yet as O2 3G isn't exactly slow as it is and it'll take quite a while for 4G to reach where I live I'd reckon.

DB.

BMW 440i

Fair do's, I'm either in Birmingham or Nottingham, so would be amongst the first places to get it.

I think when we all adapt to 4G, we will be thinking 'God, how did we cope with 3G' lol

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
It wont be Monday the 24th unless you are those specific area's mention on the map a few pages back.

They use TNT plus others.

The last 3 phones have all been delivered on the scheduled date for me.

Wheres the map ?????

Mental 172 Cup

I think I've lost myself somewhere but what is EE??

work for BMW

is it worth me getting a new contract with tmobile for the 5 even thou I'm not in one of the 16 4g cities?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

is it worth me getting a new contract with tmobile for the 5 even thou I'm not in one of the 16 4g cities?

If it's the best deal for you then yes, why not.

Do we even know 4G pricing yet? They might require you to move contracts/pay extra if you want 4G when EE launches.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Fair do's, I'm either in Birmingham or Nottingham, so would be amongst the first places to get it.

I think when we all adapt to 4G, we will be thinking 'God, how did we cope with 3G' lol

I was tempted. I live near southampton, and that's one of the first 16 cites to get 4G. But orange, and Tmobile aren't as good as O2 around my way for network.

Black 32GB ordered :)

A silver one

For those going forward with O2, are you/are you not bothered about the 4G potential of EE?

After looking at the coverage map on the website no. I occasionally spend a day in Manchester with work, but other than that I wouldn't get any coverage.

Just upgraded to a black 32GB with O2. Online handset prices was £60 less than 'retail store' price.

£26 x 24 months = £624
Plus £299.99 for 32GB phone = £923.99
£50 cash-back for O2 Open = £873.99

Result!

And the map for 4G coverage is here - http://ee.co.uk

(Just scroll down a little bit)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Think I'm just going to upgrade with O2. Did want to go giffgaff but I'm not waiting months for a nano sim. Christ, we might be close to the next iPhone launch by then. £26 p/m, untld. mins, texts and 1GB of data, -30% F&F discount + £249 for the phone. Done.

182 RB FF

O2 sold out of Black 32gb really quick, gone for 16gb as I have my Ipod for Music. Got the Mrs a 32gb white.

I've just checked the map, 25 miles or so from the nearest city to get it so that's confirmed it's no use to me just now.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Anyone got the delivery maps for next Friday. I wanna know if I'll get mine need to book a day off

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

People aren't half pissing themselves over 4G. Calm down dear! Baring in mind even if your provider does it doesn't mean you'll be getting it where you stay. I'm 15 minutes from Edinburgh. I'm doubting it'll bloody reach my house.

I think people are in for a rude awakening. Good business for EE and Orange/TM.

Well i went to order onine from O2 and guess they are out of stock as cant choose a tarriff! Suck balls O2!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

People aren't half pissing themselves over 4G. Calm down dear! Baring in mind even if your provider does it doesn't mean you'll be getting it where you stay. I'm 15 minutes from Edinburgh. I'm doubting it'll bloody reach my house.

Agreed. It'll take about 4G years to come to Cumbria anyway.

work for BMW

So in your view going with o2 would be a good idea?

Good network , fast 3G and the 4g atm is extremely limited

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Just upgraded with O2. Now all I need is more friends so I can make the most of my unlimited minutes and texts...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Agreed. It'll take about 4G years to come to Cumbria anyway.

Still on Gprs? Smoke signal iPhone6?

So in your view going with o2 would be a good idea?

Good network , fast 3G and the 4g atm is extremely limited

I've no idea mate. They all have their pros and cons. I just wouldn't move to Orange due to their past issues. As pointed out their better now.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

25 miles from the cities that are running it mean you'll get 4G coverage.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Anyone ever had a case from here in the past? What are they like, if yes?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

25 miles from the cities that are running it mean you'll get 4G coverage.

Where did you read this?

I'll be living just outside York when it goes live, which is about 25 miles from Leeds. Hmmm

An orange one

O2 have fucked me right off, I never got a text about upgrading, and when I try and fast track my upgrade online it now says I cannot upgrade online arrrghhhhhhhh

BMW F31
Am I missing something with everyone committing to 24 month contracts? Not sure I would want to be tied into a contract that long without the prospect of being able to upgrade?

Having said that, O2 at £26 p/m and a handset price of £249.99, you'd be better off just selling your current phone and paying your monies, contract or no contract?

O2 have f**ked me right off, I never got a text about upgrading, and when I try and fast track my upgrade online it now says I cannot upgrade online arrrghhhhhhhh

From what I've read on Twitter you have to call them if you want to fast track it.

SQ5
Am I missing something with everyone committing to 24 month contracts? Not sure I would want to be tied into a contract that long without the prospect of being able to upgrade?

Having said that, O2 at £26 p/m and a handset price of £249.99, you'd be better off just selling your current phone and paying your monies, contract or no contract?

Apple only do a major upgrade every 2 years ish though.

DB.

BMW 440i

and even if you did want to upgrade, you can just sell and go Handset only for around about £200-300 cash if you deem the next one worthy of an upgrade.

Monaco 53/468

What are you folks doing for cases/covers/skins etc?

I see invisibleSHIELD have a full body skin already but how can I be confident it'll be a good fit when they've not had a phone to test it on yet?!

BMW F31
and even if you did want to upgrade, you can just sell and go Handset only for around about £200-300 cash if you deem the next one worthy of an upgrade.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Already owning a 4S it seems to make sense to go sim only and sell the 4S and buy a 5 outright.

DB.

BMW 440i

This is what I do each year. Costs me £200 ish each time.

Ill be sticking with 32GB's from now, so I imagine it will be nearer to £300 If i were to do this next year as the memory doesn't hold the handset a great deal more value.

I say its due to you deeming the next one worthy, but I know I'll do it out of the need for a new toy! :eek:

Incipio feather looks like it will be a nice case when released!