ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  320d M Sport
Gutted with the mapping if it's not a good. I know what you're saying about the quality getting better but that kinda go against what apple strive for doesn't it? Releasing a half finished product (if that's what it is) seems to be a waste

182 Full of Fat
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 Today @ 6PM

hmmm....

Only thing I've noticed so far that I prefer is the new skin on weather, looks slicker.

Everything else bluhhh, seems like ios6 is majorly focused around facebook integration (which means fcuk all to me!).

dk

911 GTS Cab

It's nowhere near as good as when the google one was released, there is no detail for any towns around me, can't even make out a road, it's just all blurred, unless apple purchase the satellite images, I can't see they doing them themselves.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
It's nowhere near as good as when the google one was released, there is no detail for any towns around me, can't even make out a road, it's just all blurred, unless apple purchase the satellite images, I can't see they doing them themselves.

I miss google maps already!!! The new apple maps are blurry and look old

182 Full of Fat

Bluetooth now not working through my car, seems a lot of people having the same problem....also all my bookmarks have disappeared in Safari :mad:
Will deffo be going back to ios5 if possible until some of the bugs are ironed out.

Never above 25mpg

Hopefully maps will be getting an update soon. Things certainly seem a hell of alot faster on my 4 already!

I use the TomTom app at the moment, and I've noticed the new maps are by them too.

Anyone tested the turn by turn? TomTom's is good, I hope Apple's is similar.

182 Full of Fat

Tried it earlier and it wasn't moving onto the next direction, don't know if it's a bug or not?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Bluetooth isn't working in car? F*CK. THAT.

Can't wait until all the apps only support iOS6, forcing me to update.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Anyone noticed battery life issues?

My iPhone 4 battery has gone from full to 30% in around 2 hours, it's IOS 5 all over again :/

182 Full of Fat

Bluetooth isn't working in car? F*CK. THAT.

Can't wait until all the apps only support iOS6, forcing me to update.

I can get it to connect but then have no control of the music unless I use the iPhone (skip tracks, playlists, albums etc...), also was showing no track data.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I use the TomTom app at the moment, and I've noticed the new maps are by them too.

Nowhere near as good. The routing is terrible, the app consistently tells me my destination is on the opposite side of the road than where is actually is and as a sat nav it's generally very poor. I'll continue to use TomTom.

SQ5
I miss google maps already!!! The new apple maps are blurry and look old

Why miss it? You still have it!!!!!

pysanyvy.jpg

Maps.google.com then add to home screen.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Why miss it? You still have it!!!!!

Maps.google.com then add to home screen.
its not the same, doesn't work as good as the app, no street view.......

getting to the options is more of a pain, less screen real estate too, its still a backwards step........

Citroen DS3 DSport

The web app version is pretty rotten, I also miss Streetview.

Clio 1.2 16V

Not impressed with the maps app so far tbh, just get pixels on satellite view! Hope Google brings an app out soon :( . Full screen browser mode is pretty cool though.

So what have apple actually worked with tomtom on then? the maps or the turn by turn routing?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Not impressed with the maps app so far tbh, just get pixels on satellite view! Hope Google brings an app out soon :( . Full screen browser mode is pretty cool though.
they kind of already have got one, google earth, it would need updating with street view (as i don't think it includes that) and directions to places.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Maps works fine for me, you have to change it to satellite view to get 3D to work although just checked my house on it and its not very 3D. Just checked the obligatory Big Ben which looks pretty awesome.

Mondeo ST220

Not overly impressed with maps so far. Satellite view over my area is all clouds lol!

Clio 1.2 16V

they kind of already have got one, google earth, it would need updating with street view (as i don't think it includes that) and directions to places.

Yeah I gave it a try, it'll do for now lol. The browser version isn't too bad.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Retarded question of the century...

Just checked O2's site and all iPhone 5's are out of stock (with the exception of the white 64gb which I don't won't).

I'll try and and call them tomorrow to see if I can still pre-order.

Has anyone tried speaking with O2? Can you still pre-order or are they taking no more orders until they have more stock?

I'm guessing stock is inspected in 2-3 weeks?

Cheers

Maps is pants, but will see if it improves. Not really noticed a lot of changes apart from the sudden up in speed and new App Store. probably find them as I go along.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's taken google a huge amount of time to get their mapping data to where it should be and that involved spending 3 years driving around cars with cameras to fills them with awesomeness.

I reckon it'll take apple at least 5 years to get anywhere near the current google maps dataset.

Apple in their haste to drop google seem to have broken out the chocolate teapots.

Oh, told ya so.

dk

911 GTS Cab

It's taken google a huge amount of time to get their mapping data to where it should be and that involved spending 3 years driving around cars with cameras to fills them with awesomeness.

I reckon it'll take apple at least 5 years to get anywhere near the current google maps dataset.

Apple in their haste to drop google seem to have broken out the chocolate teapots.

Oh, told ya so.
Forget about street view, it's the basic mapping that's not even there, only large cities even have satellite data, nothing to do with the 3 years google spent driving around.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Won't let me update to iOS 6. I'm on a jail broke iOS 5 though has anyone lost all their data from updating like what happened with the iOS 5? All the contacts disappeared and the like.
Really, people are still jail breaking?

Is that to be a pikey?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

The routing on map is done by tomtom i beleive? That's what i read yesterday. I tested it on the way to work today and it was great tbh.

My 4s is also seems much quicker on IOS6.

Installed iOS6 on my iPod Touch last night. Everything downloaded and installed fine. Got the screen saying "Welcome to iOS6 etc..." and asked me to connect to WiFi. Which I tried, but everytime I did so it sent me straight to the "Log in" screen you get when you connect to public WiFi for example, which was Apple.com?! The Apple.com page would then say something along the lines of "Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for, use search etc..." and would kick me out and now allow me to connect to my WiFi.

Has anyone else had a similar problem at all?

All other devices such as S2, laptop, Xbox all connected to my WiFi fine.