ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Never above 25mpg
Went for sales rep spec of a Black 32gb on 3! Should hopefully be here on Monday! Going to head to the Apple store tomorrow, see if there's a semi decent case I can spunk aload of cash on.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Went for sales rep spec of a Black 32gb on 3! Should hopefully be here on Monday! Going to head to the Apple store tomorrow, see if there's a semi decent case I can spunk aload of cash on.

Don't waste your time. They have none.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Going back to the battery issue, my battery is being quite weird (4S but running iOS6). I start work and place my phone in my locked on 100% battery after a full night's charge. When I come to my break 5 hours later the battery can be on anything from 82% up to 98%. All that its done is sit in my locker, all apps closed and wifi turned off, same settings on/off every day. Any ideas?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
How old is it?, you've probably got degradation.

Also turn it off? Putting it in a metal box with the gsm/umts turned on isn't exactly going to help.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
It's a year old, release day phone. It's just strange how it changes from one day to the next. Will try that though Tom, cheers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
When a phone can't get signal it uses more power, so that's why they drink energy when you go on a tube or deep inside a building.

Mine is fine, but it's getting a bit mental all this now. No one bought the phone to be put on display in a case, unmarked for it's entirety. At least I don't think anyone did.

It's a phone/gadget, what are a few marks here and there going to do to the quality of your phone calls and enjoyment? I doubt it's an expense thing, because the iPhone4 and 3GS before it were just as expensive but cheap tat materials.

I don't think anyone questioning the resistance to marks is suggesting the phone should stay in pristine condition for its entire life. It doesn't change the fact that many such as me have 2 year old 4 or 4s that look as they did when new despite never having been fitted with a cover. Yet looking on the net and even this thread lots of people are having substantial marks appear on phones days/week or so old with nothing other than normal use. I really can't see how that's justifiable.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped mine again yesterday, sitting down, fell out of my pocket, literally 18 inches! More scrapes and bangs!

f**k it!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Someone's clumsy lmfao have you tried a case?

My 4s was mint! Lol this thing just slips out of my hand/pocket whenever it wants to.

i don't want a case, ruins the feel of it. On a lighter note I've taken the screen protector and everything off it now and it feels awesome! So I'm appreciating the phone for what it is :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why do people use screen protectors, I've never understood why you want to buy one of the best screens on the market and then cover it with some shitty £2 piece of plastic, why? The screens are very resistant to scratches unless you're one of those tools who put it in their pockets with keys?

Never above 25mpg
Why do people use screen protectors, I've never understood why you want to buy one of the best screens on the market and then cover it with some s**tty £2 piece of plastic, why? The screens are very resistant to scratches unless you're one of those tools who put it in their pockets with keys?

I actually really don't care what you think. TY for your input though.

He's right though. The screens don't scratch, but the covers do. So you end up rolling with a scratched cover, covering up a screen that wouldn't have scratched if the cover wasn't on it.

Genius.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Screens do scratch. I have one and i'm super careful.

Only scratched in the corner due to a retarded moment!

DB.

BMW 440i
Screens do scratch. I have one and i'm super careful.

Only scratched in the corner due to a retarded moment!

Same here on my 3GS, I'd rather a tiny reduction in screen quality for the security of being able to change screen protector after a tiny scratch

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Same here on my 3GS, I'd rather a tiny reduction in screen quality for the security of being able to change screen protector after a tiny scratch

3GS screen and the iPhone 5 screen are made of different glass.

Never above 25mpg
He's right though. The screens don't scratch, but the covers do. So you end up rolling with a scratched cover, covering up a screen that wouldn't have scratched if the cover wasn't on it.

Genius.

My muscular thighs tend to cause the phone's screen to scratch as I'm constantly knocking into door frames and desks rushing for managers.

I have scratches on the screen on the 4 I'd rather not have on the 5.

You soon realise you get what you pay for when you compare tomboy some other phones compare.

I recently had a new blackberry for work, my ip5 is about the same age. My iPhone is mint, apart from a small chip in the corner which was there out of the box.

My cheap shitty blackberry is covered in marks, and the screen looks like it was made from cheese it marks so easily.

133/225/CLS AMG
I've just ordered a 32gb 5 which I should be getting next weekend. Rather looking forward to it although not antiscipating it being a world apart from my 4.

Will certainly be investing in a decent case for it though. Partly because I'll keep it for 2 years much like my 4 so I'll want to keep from damaging it.

Never above 25mpg
I've just ordered a 32gb 5 which I should be getting next weekend. Rather looking forward to it although not antiscipating it being a world apart from my 4.

Will certainly be investing in a decent case for it though. Partly because I'll keep it for 2 years much like my 4 so I'll want to keep from damaging it.

I'm looking forward to Siri

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just had a go on one of these in the apple store, I was really surprised how light the handset was. I'm not so sure it's worth the upgrade from my 4 though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've no doubt that it is. However, I only use my phone for texting and browsing through safari so it's whether the upgrade is worth it for me.

133/225/CLS AMG
My contracted ended with Vodafone so I've just started up a new contract, got the 5 32gb for £90 and a £39 a month contract. That'll do me nicely.

Never above 25mpg
My contracted ended with Vodafone so I've just started up a new contract, got the 5 32gb for £90 and a £39 a month contract. That'll do me nicely.

Hai 5! Just got mine through today!! Need my PAC code tomorrow afternoon then I can swap my number over

A silver one
So I got my iPhone 5 on launch day, but have only just taken it out of the box as I've been away on holiday. There are 6 scratches on the back of it and 1 underneath. Very very disappointed in the quality. I spoke to O2 and they've told me that because its gone beyond 7 days there is nothing that they can do for me. Its a joke as they can see that I've only just swapped over to the new sim and they've checked IMEI number and have seen that I've made no calls from it. Disgusting!