ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used any of the copy cables for charging from anywhere?

I have a 5 being delivered at some point, but have chargers are all over the place, so just want to replace the leads, and if at all possible, without paying apple prices for them.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I have a 5 being delivered at some point, but have chargers are all over the place, so just want to replace the leads, and if at all possible, without paying apple prices for them.

Any old cheap s**t will charge the phone. I bought a £3 jobby off eBay and it's fine. It won't work if you want to use the lead to change tracks in the car etc though, although i guess i'm in a minority with that problem.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Any old cheap s**t will charge the phone. I bought a £3 jobby off eBay and it's fine. It won't work if you want to use the lead to change tracks in the car etc though, although i guess i'm in a minority with that problem.

Cheers mate.

I thought I'd read in here of people having issues with none Apple leads not working.

Yeah, it's just charging.

I'll continue to use my old iPod and old connector in the car.

I shall order a few from Amazon in the coming days.

Clio 182
I just bought an adapter to go on old iphone/ipod cables. Something like £2.20 delivered from China, hasn't burnt down the house so far

Listerine & Poledo
It won't work if you want to use the lead to change tracks in the car etc though, although i guess i'm in a minority with that problem.

I bought the proper 30-pin/Lightning adaptor and that won't let the phone talk to my head unit either.

Hell, it can't even fathom a speaker dock!

I have 3 cables from eBay for my 5. (Work, cars x2). They charge and sync.

I bought the proper 30-pin/Lightning adaptor and that won't let the phone talk to my head unit either.

I have an Apple adapter, and this works in my car and ZeppelinAir unit. Charges and streams audio no problem.

The cheap copies won't work.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I suppose it depends on the model of your phone and head unit you're plugging it into. Megane coupe into iphone 5 works alright with genuine cable. Not that I need it as they've got Bluetooth connectivity (which also works) :cool:

Listerine & Poledo
IPhone 5, Kenwood double-din nav, apple adaptor.
It's not a cheap set-up

Still, same adaptor won't let iPhone 5 talk to my Bose dock either.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Phone set up from back up of my 4, all set up. Contacts from icloud, email through google.

So simple that I managed it without posting a thread on CS.

Got a load of cables ordered from Amazon, so hopefully they'll all be alright, but it's only £4 if not.

Also, I went white. Dunno why, but never mind.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So simple that I managed it without posting a thread on CS.

Jeez! Well done Adam! You deserve a medal lol.

Also, I went white. Dunno why, but never mind.

I got white too. Looks great!

It annoys me how apple make you make a genious appointment. I can see the logic behind it but, phones don't usually make appointments to break do they.

Never above 25mpg
I;ve found the solution to my headunit problem, apparently with the Alpine units, keeping the existing 30 pin cable from Alpine but just adding a 30 pin lightning adaptor sorts it all out!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Jeez! Well done Adam! You deserve a medal lol.

I got white too. Looks great!

It annoys me how apple make you make a genious appointment. I can see the logic behind it but, phones don't usually make appointments to break do they.

Lol

Taking the piss aside, if I can set it up, without instruction and without losing all my contacts etc, then it must be pretty simple.

The longest bit was getting my sim transferred from Orange.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid question, but say apple decide to swap your phone due to a fault. Can you request to go from white to black etc?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have the new apple ibananaphone 5 in my hands...

cracking phone, almost literally!

bring back my 4s!

ITB BG 182

I got some of Amazon at £1 per cable and then £2.50 for delivery, got 5 spare cables now and they work with the car headunit and everything else.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I got some of Amazon at £1 per cable and then £2.50 for delivery, got 5 spare cables now and they work with the car headunit and everything else.

I've got 4 being delivered from HK for £4.50.

If they don't work, it's not a massive deal. Might as well give it a go.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be making my first foray into Apple product ownership next week (iPhone 5 16GB) and while I've done some searching on here I've turned up threads with thousands upon thousands of posts.

Are there any succinct summaries of the best apps and/or guides on the best way to configure the device during the initital set-up process?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I'll be making my first foray into Apple product ownership next week (iPhone 5 16GB) and while I've done some searching on here I've turned up threads with thousands upon thousands of posts.

Are there any succinct summaries of the best apps and/or guides on the best way to configure the device during the initital set-up process?

Get it from an Apple Store... They help you set it up and can suggest apps for you.

Ph1 T
Only had mine a month and seem to be having a few problems. The brightness of the screen will just randomly go lower until I go knto settings to change it.

Also battery was on 12% other day phone died and battery sign coming up
I plug it in comes straight back onto 12% :/

Anyone else has these

FF Clio 182
Only had mine a month and seem to be having a few problems. The brightness of the screen will just randomly go lower until I go knto settings to change it.

Also battery was on 12% other day phone died and battery sign coming up
I plug it in comes straight back onto 12% :/

Anyone else has these

The brightness is a OS issue as I have the issue :) Apple with patch it eventually. As for the battery it sounds like it could do with a calibration. Charge the phone to 100% and then some. use the phone as normal and drain it till its completely flat, to the point it shuts down. Recharge to 100% and then go from there, see if that fixed it. :)

FF Clio 182
And when you iPhone turns itself off as the battery is drained it isn't completely empty it still holding a small amount of power.

320d M Sport
Typing this from my new replacemt iphone 5. Walked into Apple Store Trafford and showed them the lock button issue. Given a new phone there and then. Great service :)

I then proceeded to rape their super fast Internet connection to download everything from iCloud. Hassle free exchange and set up... Impressed!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Typing this from my new replacemt iphone 5. Walked into Apple Store Trafford and showed them the lock button issue. Given a new phone there and then. Great service :)

I then proceeded to rape their super fast Internet connection to download everything from iCloud. Hassle free exchange and set up... Impressed!

Apple are great for customer services, can't be beaten!

My iPhone 5 speaker suddenly went pop the other day. Took it into apple and they fixed it! Gutted, thought I'd get a new un lol. Teach me to get the first appointment when they've got 30 mins to piss about.

Also pretty poor repair tbh, screen not fully flush, screws protruding etc. Not the sort of service I expected tbh

I finally upgraded my 4 to a 5 the other day. Still can't believe how light it is - even with all my apps on it.

True story.