ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I must admit, calls are much improved on the 5.

When i'm at work and the wind is howling i can actually hear the other person, wasn't the same with the 4!

Yeah I've had a few people comment on how good the call quality is at their end also. Noise cancelation too IIRC?

That doesn't help Colin of course. Just saying init.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Think so Roy aye!

Aye it doesn't help Colin in the slightest, but i'm sure he'll be glad we are making crystal clear phone calls lol.

An orange one
Lol gheys!

Anyways, after 8 hours of " searching " about 15 hard resets and removing the sim about 6 times, It randomly came back on before and is showing full bars.

Im interested to see how it does when I go to work tomorrow, don't want to make an 160 mile round trip if I don't have to

Bus w**ker
I get 3G on my 5 in places where my 4 would only get E. This fact alone makes the cost of the handset a worthwhile upgrade.

3 bars right now, Colin. Call quality is spot on.

An orange one
It was searching again, and now back to 4 bars

Definately not right, it's like its not picking up signals most of the time

Still got five bars. Battery still lasting four days before dipping into what I consider changing territory (50%). Still light. Still looks awesome. Still feels awesome. Still is awesome.

​why charge it at 50%?

Because I believe that's a good time to charge it when I can. No need to let it go lower. Raping the cycles is not necessary for me, and will reduce the long term battery life. Once a month I will drain it to 20% and recharge, just to keep it healthy. Anyone can say what they like about my charging habits (and they do) but my devices always have way above average battery performance, so I'm clearly doing something right?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Because I believe that's a good time to charge it when I can. No need to let it go lower. Raping the cycles is not necessary for me, and will reduce the long term battery life. Once a month I will drain it to 20% and recharge, just to keep it healthy. Anyone can say what they like about my charging habits (and they do) but my devices always have way above average battery performance, so I'm clearly doing something right?

Yeah that's fine as long as it works for you lol. Wasn't having a go just curious.

some days I'm lucky to keep it above 10% ha!

​begs the question though... Why spend so much on a phone that does everything when a considerably cheaper phone would do exactly what you need?

​begs the question though... Why spend so much on a phone that does everything when a considerably cheaper phone would do exactly what you need?

I just like nice products mate. I'm not counting the pennies, so I like to enjoy the good things. When I do use my phone, it reeks of quality. I like it.

ST

I hear what you're saying regarding it can prolong the health of the battery to charge it before it goes to 'low battery' but on the newer lithium ion batteries, I thought the idea was that you can charge the when needed, for example, go out for the day, work or the likes on 100%, light/medium usage, battery drops to 60% (for talking sake), come home tho you're heading back out for the evening, boost it back it up to 80% so it lasts until the next day or whenever you need to charge it again without harming the functionality of the battery.

As per Apple: http://www.apple.com/uk/batteries/iphone.html

For sure, letting it run down once a month doesn't do any harm, but raping it to less that 10% every day will definitely shorten its life.

ST
For sure, letting it run down once a month doesn't do any harm, but raping it to less that 10% every day will definitely shorten its life.

You've got me thinking now, my battery usually drops bellow 20% most days, more often than not 10% or below too.. But it still consecutively gives circa 14hrs standby and 7hrs usage which in my opinion seems pretty standard:
y3y3y9ut.jpg

ST
On another note, I find if I charge it before it drops to 'low battery' on 20% or less the battery percentage goes down faster using the phone in exactly the same way.

ST
"iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge"

you cheated!!!

​i get the same btw :)

Yeah that's another thing too, I took it off charge this morning around 9.30ish at work, then I plugged it back in around 40 mins ago on 6%, I've not charged it at all today, yet it still advises 'iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge'.

ST
TBH who cares? As long as you have realistic expectations based on your personal use, it doesn't matter.

Indeed, as much as I enjoy specs and figures it's an item I use, and everyone has their own individual needs and usage and as you say as long as it suits the person that's using it, it's all good.

Now MacBook Pro battery health.. After two years and 247 cycles it's still showing 90% health lol.. #batterygeeks

The first mobile phone I had wouldn't even last eight hours of pure standby, and that was before the days of text messages, let alone Internet and email.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's another thing too, I took it off charge this morning around 9.30ish at work, then I plugged it back in around 40 mins ago on 6%, I've not charged it at all today, yet it still advises 'iPhone has been plugged in since last full charge'.

Well its not lying ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Roy, let it do 100-0 then back to 100 again at least once a month. Purely because you'll find that 50% lasts longer.

I know if I don't do it to mine occasionally, 1% can last like 3 hours of usage!