ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
I always used to do that but then I read something that said zero was unnecessary and possibly life shortening. It said tat 20% was low enough when 'calibrating'.

Bus w**ker
The first mobile phone I had wouldn't even last eight hours of pure standby, and that was before the days of text messages, let alone Internet and email.

FFS Roy, how old are you?! My first mobile (18 years ago) would last for years* on a single charge.

I took mine off charge this morning at around 6, 1 hour 45 mins later and it's on 67% and back on charge. But I hammer it constantly using intensive functions, so it's bound to be w**k.

*slight exaggeration.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm a sod to my phone. Although it regularly gets run completely flat....usually from plain laziness... It also gets the odd 20% top-up every so often.

I heard that you may as well just remove the battery altogether if you do that too often, but then I also heard iPhone was ermehgerd amazeballs better than android.

It's neater, that's for sure, so this isn't an iOS bashing

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Now this it battery life, my iPad mini admittedly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366734270.998633.jpg

Last edited:
TBF iPhone doesn't have a 7" battery.

My 5 just ticked over to 97%. Hoping for less than 5% discharge in 24 hours (midnight tonight). I just want to see how long it can actually last if used solely as a phone. Obviously not representative for most users.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Charged to maximum on Monday night. Now on 34%.

Yeah s**t batteries lol.

I don't really get your point Roy?

I have a Nokia that will do 7 days with little effort, the reason being I use it for nothing other than phoning.

Not really the point of an iPhone though, is it?

Straight swap this afternoon, no qualms. Was at their new store in Plymouth which is a god send, use to be a Stormfront, which was shocking.

I don't really get your point Roy?

I have a Nokia that will do 7 days with little effort, the reason being I use it for nothing other than phoning.

Not really the point of an iPhone though, is it?

Oh I agree, but the point of my experiment is to prove (to me) that, as a phone, it is more than capable of lasting several days without needing to be recharged. Most people accept that with heavy use it will drain quicker, but some people (not necessarily on here) bleat on about iPhone battery life as though they expect it to last for weeks. If users are unable to make one charge last twelve hours, then I would respectfully suggest that perhaps they might want to spend their days doing something a little more constructive than playing Angry Birds when they should be working.

I have a question. It's not specific to iPhone 5. Or at least I doubt it.

At the top of the contacts app, I have always had 'My number' displayed. Or for at least as long as I can remember. However, since changing to iPhone 5, perhaps more specifically changing to a nano SIM, this information has disappeared. Obviously it's nothing to do with the new phone, and probably not the new SIM either. My number hasn't changed, nor has my package. I'm on O2 Simplicity, and did the nano-SIM request online.

I set the handset up as a new phone, so I'm guessing theres a setting somewhere to tell the app to grab 'My number' from the SIM, but if there is, then I'm being full f**king r****d and can't see it :eek:

Danke.

ST
I have a question. It's not specific to iPhone 5. Or at least I doubt it.

At the top of the contacts app, I have always had 'My number' displayed. Or for at least as long as I can remember. However, since changing to iPhone 5, perhaps more specifically changing to a nano SIM, this information has disappeared. Obviously it's nothing to do with the new phone, and probably not the new SIM either. My number hasn't changed, nor has my package. I'm on O2 Simplicity, and did the nano-SIM request online.

I set the handset up as a new phone, so I'm guessing theres a setting somewhere to tell the app to grab 'My number' from the SIM, but if there is, then I'm being full f**king r****d and can't see it :eek:

Danke.

Settings>phone, then it'll display your number in +44 format, the contacts app won't automatically 'grab' your number tho, you'll have to add it to your contacts.

Ahhh cheers. Although it just says unknown, and wants me to enter the number. The problem being I've forgotten some of it. Oh well, I'm sure I can find a single friend who will let me know what my number is.

Never had to bother with this before on any of my iPhones.

EDIT: I forgot about My O2. Cheers for your help. All sorted.

Last edited:
  ST
No worries. Had my 5 replaced on fri for various issues.. Fingers crossed this one will last longer than 11 weeks!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Poxy charger playing up on mine. Plug it in and it keeps going from charging to not and I have to wiggle the lead about!

Not sure if charger or phone related! I don't know anyone with a 5 to be able to try their charger (b****cks)

Anyone know if Vodafone will replace the phone in store or will it be via courier etc?

ST
Poxy charger playing up on mine. Plug it in and it keeps going from charging to not and I have to wiggle the lead about!

Not sure if charger or phone related! I don't know anyone with a 5 to be able to try their charger (b****cks)

Anyone know if Vodafone will replace the phone in store or will it be via courier etc?

Just go along to apple mate, vodafone have inept spastics working for them in store and on the phone.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

I've had this fault a few times. Normally it's the lead that is on it's way out. But then again my 4 had the same issue and turned out to be a phone fault.

Clio 172
They will also replace the lead if you can be bothered to take it up there, try turning it around Ronnie?

Go up there, if it has a fault, they will replace it no problem. Even if its intermittent and it works fine at the store mate.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've tried turning it around and it makes no difference.

Ill book a genius appointment today.

Cheers for your help guys :)

Exactly the same happened with my birds phone. She called Voda and two minutes later they credited her account with £15. She went to PC World and boom all is fine again.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Orange have just rang offering me a 4g contract for no extra cost and my contract stays the same, mins, txts etc. Anyone else had this?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Orange have just rang offering me a 4g contract for no extra cost and my contract stays the same, mins, txts etc. Anyone else had this?

Yep.

You transfer to EE though (as opposed to being an orange customer on EE).

4G is awesome.

My download speed ranges from 35MB to 55MB.

Titanium 182
Check the coverage though. EE's got the higher bands in the spectrum, so 4G only tends to work outside at the minute in a lot of places.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It hasn't been without issue.

My DD date has changed (an annoyance more than anything else), and you'll need to be pretty cute on how much you owe Orange and then how they credit you for overpayments.

Yeah they said it was going to change, like a day or two difference. They also mentioned reinbursing me if ive over paid. Like you say i wilii check that as we all know what companies are like. Saying that orange have allways been preety good to me.