ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd say depending on how old it is and what gb it's not the cheapest phone. When's your contract due?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I don't know of this is a fault or that's just how the phones are but I've got a huge delay when I call someone to when the phone starts ringing.

My 4 never did this, has anyone else had this problem? Or is that just how the phones are?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know if there will be a new iPhone release this year? My contract is up around the same time they usually release one. Thanks.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Does anyone know if there will be a new iPhone release this year? My contract is up around the same time they usually release one. Thanks.

Rumours are for September release. Prototype photographs have appeared... basically the same design but with dual LED flash and a bigger battery.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Can't see it warranting a swap, for me anyway. This is by far the best phone I've had or used. Two comments I never thought I'd say lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's not going to be massively different mate. People will obv still want to upgrade as that's what they do. I normaly like looking at the next big thing but tbh unless this crashes and burns I'm more than happy.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Question;

I've been using my sim free iPhone on three, will it now be locked to the three network?

Inferno 182 CUP
Wife's has a cracked screen .. Worked fine for weeks .. She woke up today and it won't even turn on. I vibrate when plugged in. Nothing in iTunes and won't enter dfu :mad:

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Lol. Apple mate, pay the £130 or whatever and get a replacement.

^ this.

You'll be surprised how many times I try to DFU a device and then I whip out a MBP from under the Genius Bar and use one of those and it enters DFU mode first time! It's almost as if the MBP's at the bar are different to all others in circulation... (It's only the version of iTunes we use).

I wouldn't be surprised if we DFU it and its back to normal again.

Either that, or one of the connector flex cables has failed and you'll need to pay for an OOW replacement. £179.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Taking mine back tomorrow as despite looking after it I'm getting odd marks appearing in the glass on the front screen (had this with my 4 as well), hopefully they'll change it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Question;

I've been using my sim free iPhone on three, will it now be locked to the three network?

it turns out that three decided to lock my phone. It's just cost me £15 for the privilege to get it unlocked again.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Pretty sure they'll tell you to fook off!! Reasonable wear and tear, surely?

Long story, but I haven't actually had a genius appointment with them yet (due this Saturday now) and two of them have had a look at it so far and based on what they've said I'm still hopeful of a replacement, its not been dropped, put in a pocket with anything, its clearly not scratched yet there are marks all over the screen. I'll post on Saturday my findings, but I don't expect to shell out £700 on a phone and look after it yet have these marks from nowhere appearing on it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a terrible contact issue. Even after I delete a number the phone still remembers it under the same name.

So I now have 4 numbers for someone when I go to text them from the drop down list, yet when you go the actual contact it only has one number in it.

WTF! Any ideas? It's remembering somehow!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
All iPhones do that.

When I go to text my Mrs, all her old deleted numbers numbers appear in contacts.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But it doesn't do it for all contacts.

It also doesn't appear under her contact info. It only appears if I go to text without using the last conversation.