ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They are a business and make a profit. SHOCK!!

If you don't like it, get the 16 or 64gb options.

...and arguably a massive, even extortionate, one at that.

Making a profit is one thing, openly and blatantly fleecing people while being able to convince them to blindly open their wallets is another and shows that despite a lack of innovation, the Apple marketing machine is still successfully rolling along at full pace.

Making a profit is one thing, openly and blatantly fleecing people while being able to convince them to blindly open their wallets is another and shows that despite a lack of innovation, the Apple marketing machine is still successfully rolling along at full pace.

Don't buy one then?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I don't get it mate? Its a business no? The main objective is to make as much money as possible.

They're not forcing you to purchase it. You can get the 16gb model and use iCloud for the rest of your stuff.

SQ5
Don't buy one then. Bloody northerners.

Personally I'll be going for the 64GB iPhone 6 in grey.

Same.

My 5 32gb was £599, pricing isn't too bad for Apple.

Wasn't going to get one, but on a contract it's going to roughly cost £25 extra a month at a guess. Worth it.

DB.

BMW 440i
Think I'm settled on an iPhone 6 64GB in grey. Just cut out a piece of paper the size of the 6 plus and it looks f*cking huge.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I'll be going for the 64GB 6 in Grey too, just not sure who to go with.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
6+ sounds good in principle but it's a big jump in size from a 5S. Is the battery different does anyone know?

The battery seems to be the issue. Seems it'll lag behind the other flagships. We'll see but a lot of big bloggers are bemoaning the battery.

BMW F21 125d
It's a sneaky trick removing the 32gb as I bet a fair portion of 5/5s sales were 32gb. 16gb isn't enough and 64 is too much! Clever apple squeeze a few more £ but sneaky all the same.

Watch is virgintastic.

64gb 6 for me. Probably sack off O2 as I'm sick of getting no 3G in my town.

DB.

BMW 440i
It's not that big. I've tried a lot of phones recently. I couldn't have anything under 5" now.

I've cut the dimensions out of the iPhone 6 plus, and put the piece of paper against my scientific calculator, there is zero difference in width and about 5mm in height lol!

DB.

BMW 440i
It's a sneaky trick removing the 32gb as I bet a fair portion of 5/5s sales were 32gb. 16gb isn't enough and 64 is too much! Clever apple squeeze a few more £ but sneaky all the same.

It's not though?

The 5S 32GB was £629, the 6 64GB is £619.

Technically reducing it by £10!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Not concerned about it fitting in your trousers?

na. phone is either in inside coat pocket, or on a table.

its a little larger in height 10mm than my current sony xperia.

the screen size was always the iPhones biggest let down for me cos i needed it for browsing and log stuff for work.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The battery seems to be the issue. Seems it'll lag behind the other flagships. We'll see but a lot of big bloggers are bemoaning the battery.

Spot on.

The reason I won't upgrade, I need a better battery in my next phone now. The 6+ offers this to some extent (if the keynote stats are true) but it's just too big.

If they had launched the same phone I have now (5S) but stuck a battery twice the capacity in it I'd buy it in an instant, it's literally the only thing I want.

An orange one
God dammit I strangely want one again! :( wtf Apple why do you make people want your products year after year! :(

likely a 6 in gold for me, not sure on 64 or 128.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think I'll keep my 5s to be honest.
I got it in December on sim free for the reason I could sell on etc and add the cash towards a new model when they are released
But I think I'll wait out for the 's' model....

An orange one
Update, as I'm barely a year in to my O2 refresh contract, I'd have to pay £80 to get out now and clear it, and then the price of the new one on contract on top of that.

Sensible head is on and keeping the 5S :)

Been set on getting one the day it comes out, until today... I currently have a 5 and after seeing everything today, i think ill wait until my contract is up in jan then decide. I was going to buy out the rest of the contract with the sale of my current 5 but nothing is life changing so i won't be rushing into one just yet.