ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As an iPhone 5 user, I'll upgrade to a 6, only because

1) when iOS 8 comes out, invariable the 5 will run like a bag of nails.
2) I dont want to have to spend out on key apps etc. on Play store, when I've already bought them once.
3) I had to admit, after a few months of moving from Sony to Apple, that the interface is just much better. Insofaras it actually works when you tell it to.

Same for tablets, Galaxy whatever you mention may be cheaper, but it just doesn't work as well. I guess that's the joy of proprietary software and fixed system spec.
Do you really have to re-buy apps when you change handset?

I've had three Android phones and my original purchased apps are still there, automatically downloaded and setup every time I change device.

This doesn't happen with Apple?

I'm amazed if that's the case.

Listerine & Poledo
Not quite how I meant.

Yes, apps from iTunes will go between Apple devices, but they wont go onto Samsung/other.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
wonders and ease of the net, no queuing - Space Grey, 6+, 128gb ordered, delivery between 10th and 17th October from apple.
Deciding factor slightly longer lasting battery and the home screen rotates to landscape.
A proper upgrade from my 4s rather than just a stretched screen that the 5 is.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the standard 6 would be a decent upgrade from a 4 too though as its bigger than the 5.

you're going from tiny to huge with this upgrade, hope your have big pockets ;)

What cases are everyone looking at? I'd like another sena classic tbh but it's pre orders only. Ideally like something for release day.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Three Pricing for 64GB 6:
Unlimited minutes, texts: £99 upfront

1GB data: £43
2GB data: £46
Unlimited data:£50-53 iirc.

I went in store, only looked for the 64GB 6 so can't help for others but it's an indication. Bit expensive IMO.

I get 20% off Voda and free Spotify would save me an extra £10/month but just can't move back to Voda after hearing a lot of people locally moaning about them. Pretty confused about what to do ATM.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Screw it, just ordered a 128GB 6+ Space Grey with the leather case, will be here before I go to Vegas.

Spent an hour online trying to preorder - got fed up with bad gateway error 502 so nipped into town, walked into o2, walked out after 10 mins having preordered a Space Grey 128GB iPhone 6!

£43 a month, £180 upfront cost 2GB Data & Unlimited txt/calls - not the best tariff in the world but o2 is the best network round my way and I've never had a problem with them!

As I understand, all those that preordered online will get there phone posted on Friday 18th, meaning they don't actually physically get the phone on release day??

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Gone with Three, £99 upfront payment and £49.99 a month for 24 months. Unlimited everything.

That's for a 64GB 6.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Spent an hour online trying to preorder - got fed up with bad gateway error 502 so nipped into town, walked into o2, walked out after 10 mins having preordered a Space Grey 128GB iPhone 6!

£43 a month, £180 upfront cost 2GB Data & Unlimited txt/calls - not the best tariff in the world but o2 is the best network round my way and I've never had a problem with them!

As I understand, all those that preordered online will get there phone posted on Friday 18th, meaning they don't actually physically get the phone on release day??

Will be posted on Thursday 18th to receive on Friday 19th.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
O2's own tariffs seem to be worse than the O2 tariffs that CPW are offering.

Just been on the phone to three. They've sold out of all 6+ over 16gb. Man on the phone said the stock will be updated tomorrow so they will have more, so he's going to ring back in the morning.

BMW F31
O2's own tariffs seem to be worse than the O2 tariffs that CPW are offering.

I mentioned that further back in this thread. CPW were better last year when I got my iPhone 5 too. Not sure why O2 aren't good!

They want £629.99 for the 16gb 6 on a £28 p/m tariff, the phone is only £539 from Apple!!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I put my 5 down next to a template of the 6+ and laughed at the difference in size.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
the standard 6 would be a decent upgrade from a 4 too though as its bigger than the 5.

you're going from tiny to huge with this upgrade, hope your have big pockets ;)

Yep pockets big enough:cool:

Ordered direct off apple and will get a sim only deal with EE (had no problems with network) after weighing up the end cost of what the networks are charging for a two year contract, over twice the price of the phone price, where as a sim only contract is working out at 50% more of the phone price 4Gb of data is more than plenty for my needs (for now)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I mentioned that further back in this thread. CPW were better last year when I got my iPhone 5 too. Not sure why O2 aren't good!

They want £629.99 for the 16gb 6 on a £28 p/m tariff, the phone is only £539 from Apple!!

The 64Gb ends up being at least £10 more than Apple's RRP on the £43 p/m tariff (Which is only £5 more than what we're currently on for the same stuff). The other tariffs are £60 & £70 more respectively for the devices.

64GB 6 in silver for me too, on Three. Got the 1GB plan which I now realise was daft and I think I'll get them to change it to 2GB seeing as it's only 3 quid a month extra.

ST
64GB 6 in silver for me too, on Three. Got the 1GB plan which I now realise was daft and I think I'll get them to change it to 2GB seeing as it's only 3 quid a month extra.

1 isn't much at all man, i can do in a 1GB of data over 3G in a wk or so on my current 5, surely with the 6 being able to load data quicker it'll encourage more browsing/usage over 3-4G which in turn will use more data.

1 isn't much at all man, i can do in a 1GB of data over 3G in a wk or so on my current 5, surely with the 6 being able to load data quicker it'll encourage more browsing/usage over 3-4G which in turn will use more data.

Aye I thought I was on a 1GB plan currently, just checked and I'm on a 2GB one and I've used over 1GB a week before bill date, even with wifi at work and at home. No doubt 4G will pump it even more too.

ST
Aye I thought I was on a 1GB plan currently, just checked and I'm on a 2GB one and I've used over 1GB a week before bill date, even with wifi at work and at home. No doubt 4G will pump it even more too.

Yeah definitely mate, i'm on 2GB just now, it gets a bit sketchy that last few days before the data renewal date lol. 7GB should be fine with the new plan.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Unless you use it more it will just mean the content you do use will load faster.

I'm on a 10GB plan at the moment, complete waste and wish I'd just bought the phone SIM free and gone with PAYG. It's what I'll do next time for sure, not sure I can justify £300 or whatever it would be to upgrade my handset to a 6+ though.

BG 182
I've upgraded with vodafone, me and the wife - 64gb grey 6+

Vodafone F**ked me over a little by putting me on a 12 month sim only contract 2 months ago, but let me upgrade today. £179 handset costs, £48 a month unl text unl calls and 4gb data. Both our phones will sell and pay for the handset costs.

He discounted the 2nd line by 17% and have a friend letting me use there 20% nhs discount on my line so pretty happy with the deal although it could have been better but Voda tucked me right up.

DB.

BMW 440i
Anyone know if the shops have cases in them for the 6 yet or will they wait till next week? Was going to order a silicone black case from Apple but it said 3-4 weeks.

the guy i spoke to on the phone said to roughly double what your using now, He said with the larger screen it'll eat up the data a almost twice as much as what you're used to now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
the guy i spoke to on the phone said to roughly double what your using now, He said with the larger screen it'll eat up the data a almost twice as much as what you're used to now.

Lol gotta love phone salesman!

Don't zoom in for heavens sake!!