ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Auto Text Re-send?

When I try to send a text in a low signal area (my house!), I press send, but the text doesn't always send and I don't realise for ages as I normally leave it to send.

Is there an app to automatically re-try sending a text until it does? Even old Nokia's used to do it FFS.

Ged

PD130 Peach
don't know of an app, but i have this same issue allot of the time, really annoys me as my old E72 used to try about 5 times before giving up!

Orange, unfortunately.

The sending completion bar doesn't go straight along unless it is on iMessage, it stops at the end.

That's when it usually decides it doesn't want to send the text, after I have put the phone down!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I do this often as I loose signal in my house a fair bit so I go to send exit the message and while its trying to send I loose signal and I don't find out until I go onto my messages again.

Go cry to your momma!
You get a little exclamation mark on the messages icon if it has failed.
If you put your phone down and don't notice, why not switch from vibrate to "loud" and listen for the message sent tone?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I believe that the SMS bit of your phone is too ringfenced for any app to be able to alter it.

Unless you jailbreak of course.

275 Trophy
Old Nokia's do indeed resend, and have done for decades. Another reason to dis apple. Thanks guys.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What makes you say that?

I have an app that adds emoticons to the keyboard, I doubt it would be hard to alter the re-send button to click itself...

Not that I could do it!

From my very limited experience of iphone apps, certain bits of the phone arent open for apps, like for example on the older phones you couldnt delete a call from your call register, and it wasnt possible to write an app to do it either.
Some of the things they tie down do make you wonder exactly why they have done so!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Surely though as apple have to approve items for their app store in the first place, they could make sure that a resend app only tried once to resend and hence prevent that issue from being a problem?
Its only doing what you actually asked it to in terms of sending the text surely?

Surely though as apple have to approve items for their app store in the first place, they could make sure that a resend app only tried once to resend and hence prevent that issue from being a problem?
Its only doing what you actually asked it to in terms of sending the text surely?

That would seem logical, I'm sure the issue hasn't gone unnoticed. Let's hope and wait for iOS6.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mines off just wondered as someone mentioned that they imessaged me but I never got it so wondered if you both have to have it switched on.

Personally I just waste five seconds of my life and wait until it's sent before quitting out or locking my phone. Crisis averted.