ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Firmware v2.2 Available Now

Citroen DS3 DSport
Enhancements to Maps
- Google Street View
- public transit and walking diretions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
Enhancements to Mail
- resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
Improved stability and performance of Safari
Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular)
Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
Preferences to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard settings

Citroen DS3 DSport
Installed and working well so far. Safari is running far quicker for me on 3G than it was.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Some facts for hacked iphones -
  • The 2.2 firmware for 3G contains a baseband updater for the 3G iPhone
  • The 2.2 firmware for 2G (1st gen iPhones) doesn’t contain a baseband update and the baseband is still at 04.05.04
  • We believe that our Pwnage technique (and therefore the Jailbreak) isn’t affected, but PwnageTool and QuickPwn do not support this release as yet, so DO NOT install 2.2 using iTunes as you will lose your jailbreak
  • If you apply this update and you previously relied on PwnageTool or QuickPwn to activate your phone, it will become deactivated and unusable (until we release the new version of PwnageTool or QuickPwn).
  • PwnageTool and QuickPwn updates will be released as soon as possible that will allow a safe update path to 2.2. the release of these updates are inevitable but not imminent, we are creating the modifications right now and we need to put the new software through the usual testing process.
  • If you apply this update and you have third-party (non AppStore) applications that you rely on they will stop working.
  • We are not working on the 2nd generation iPod touch at the moment, so we cannot comment on what the the 2.2 software update may do to this specific model
  • The use of SIM-Proxies (small circuit boards/chips that sit underneath the SIM card) to provide GSM/UMTS service on your locked iPhone 3G is a method that we have always advised against. Early reports suggest that the 2.2 update disables the functionality of these devices. The techniques used were always unreliable and we are surprised that they have lasted this long.
So, as always, if you are in any doubt whatsoever please delay the install of this firmware on any of your devices until we have investigated the release in more detail. Watch this space ;-)

I Decided to go with the update ( as i have a 1g) and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I like that you can choose to stream or download the podcasts onto the phone :)

So far I'm happy with the update and my iPhone is currently less lag prone.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just finished installing. Hopefully Safari will stop crashing now. It's usually when typing a reply on CS in landscape mode.

Does it speed up typing too? That can get quite laggy on Safari sometimes.

Edit: How do you get street view on google maps?

SLK 350
^That 'lagless' feeling is true of ANY firmware update though, i expect it clears out the cache on the phone. Give it a week and then see if it's still lagless.

Getting tired of Apples inability to address the Enterprise needs of many of its userbase. Seems to me that they're leaving it to 3rd party apps to plug the gaping holes in their software, whilst they fk around designing icons and claiming to have fixed Safari over and over again...

I like the phone, but Apple need to spend less time b1tching at developers and pulling their applications, and more time listening to what thousands of people repeat daily on forums all over the 'net.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Streetview is currently a bit crap from what I can see. You have to manually drop a pin on each location before you can see if it has a view available. Surely a on screen icon identifying Streetview areas would have been better? Lots of locations in NYC if you want to test it.

SLK 350
On google maps (via PC) Streetview is defined via a blue line, is a similar thing not apparent here?

Useless anyway tbqfh. I expect I'll use it once.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its useless for the uk.

I like the "share my location" when you drop a pin.
Thats another app in the bin..

Citroen DS3 DSport
On google maps (via PC) Streetview is defined via a blue line, is a similar thing not apparent here?

Useless anyway tbqfh. I expect I'll use it once.

No it looks like this after you place a pin, you then tap the person icon:

Streetview.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Is everyones maps showing units in km?

Thats a big Fail.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh right, you can have miles if you choose US.

But then the f**king date is the wrong way round.

Fail, cant we invade them and force them to use english and english formats.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oh right, you can have miles if you choose US.

But then the f**king date is the wrong way round.

Fail, cant we invade them and force them to use english and english formats.

Ahhhh....

redependance day :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's been in beta test for over a month now, perhaps they need to improve the quality control.

SLK 350
Beta for 2.2 was cut back (number wise) to try and stop the 0day hacks they've suffered since 2.0, eitherway it's slack from Apple.

No major problems with the update so far, keyboard is still a bit laggy whilst posting this in landscape mode. However I have only had the iPhone for 5 days and love it so far. Kinda missing not having notifications on calendar entries and tasks with reminders which the n95 had but I haven't had as much fun or use out of a phone since owning it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They changed the way other devices control the ipod.

So no my alpine CD player has no playlists and can only skip through one playlist.

t***s, if it aint broke dont fix it.