ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Newsstand - how to hide it.

Probably been posted before or you all know already but I only found this out today so thought I would share.

I'm a fussy bugger on my phone (slight iPhone OCD!) and the Newsstand app annoyed me, don't use it, can't delete it, can't put it in a folder*

*yes you actually can (without needing to jailbreak).

What you need to do is create a new folder using two apps (does not matter what apps as you can remove them after). Make sure the two apps are next to the Newsstand app.

As the folder is created (as soon as you have dragged the apps together), very quickly drag the newsstand app in to the folder as its being created.

Took me about 5 attempts lol!

Newstand.png

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just put mine on the last page alone. I never need to see it. :)

Thats how I had it, but now its hidden away in the Utilities folder - its one ugly looking app lol!

Fiesta ST
If the app is updated or iTunes is updated it will be taken out of the folder and you will have to put it back in again. not time consuming just a little annoying

Dont know why you can't put it in a folder anyway really

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Seriously??!! lol!

£12.50 month, no contract, 500min, 5000 texts and 1GB of data.

giffgaff is better; no contract, £10 gets you a month of 250mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data, unlimited free calls to other giffgaff users, and no TESCO at the top of your phone!

S3, Polo
Because NS opens and affects the UI like a folder: Once in a folder, it WILL crash your phone if you mistakenly try and open it. Sweet.

giffgaff is better; no contract, £10 gets you a month of 250mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data, unlimited free calls to other giffgaff users, and no TESCO at the top of your phone!

Do you have giffgaff instead??!! I bet the data is not actually 'unlimited' either.