ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone problem

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Updated my iPhone at the weekend as prompted when I connected it up to sync it, however after backing up and then attempting to update the phone it comes up with an error message and then says cannot restore. I had to use a separate pc to get it to even power up again properly and since then it's wiped my contacts, photos the lot! Just thinks it's a brand new phone again, tried restoring it on the original pc but it won't restore. Also whenever I turn it off it resets and says connect to iTunes everytime. Any ideas? Thanks.

Arctic Blue 182
Had EXACTLY the same problem mate!

Basically I now have a laptop in my house which I only ever connect my iPhone to in order to update the music collection, for the reason you gave above. Basically every time I connected it to the phone to update it, I would end up being unable to restore it on that laptop, and everything would be wiped.

I had no way of getting it back - just put it down to the fact that the laptop is old and abused!

All I did was re-restore it on a newer laptop with a fresh iTunes install and started again.

In essence, give up on your original PC!

Hope this helped mate