ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod connection to Renault CD headunit? Got changer...2002 172

Got 2002 172

standard cd head unit, is there any way to connect an ipod? e.g. left/right phono input (aux)

I also have Renault Apline 6cd changer, kinda hoped it had the red/white L and R phono plugs ... but no joy, just a renault connector

any advice?

Renault Clio II 16v
There is a chance that your head unit might be using AI-Net for its connection to the CD Changer, if it is then you can use an Alpine KCA-420i as a connector. If it fits then it can be used to control your iPod from the Head Unit as I do with my Alpine head unit, and I cannot fault it for various reasons eg. Head Unit Control of the iPod, increased audio quality due to the connection being made through the proprietary iPod dock connector on the bottom, and it charges the iPod whenever your head unit is on. :)

Hope this helps.

Mike

Well, i saw a glimmer of hope for nice stereo sound ... but no joy!

looks like ill use me iTrip and buy a bloody TuneDok cup holder...holder! cheers all

Silver 182 F/F
If your going to fit the I-pod do you need the changer,get a dension kit fitted and just leave the changer in for when selling.

Banana
You can buy an FM modulator thingy that plugs into your ciggy lighter socket, and your ipod is broadcast through an FM channel on your head unit. Dont know if they are any good though.