ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod problems

My sisters Ipod 3rd gen 20gb jobbie seems to have given up the ghost. It wont power on, and with the power plugged in if I hold the reset combination keys for 5 secs I get an lcd line accross screen as if it tries to reset, but no other signs of life...I suspect its the battery, and have ordered one, but has anyone else had problems with their ipod like this, or changed the battery? Any tips?

clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v
i know a few people who have had loads of problems with i-pods you be beter to take it back and get a creative i have been told they are alot better

tiTTy & SV650
my ipod pisses me off when it doesnt work, usually fine but sometimes it just totally dies, sounds like the battery in ur case, no icons showing on the screen?

TBH www.apple.com/support/ipod is spot on and solves all the common problems.

I ended up toggling mine into disc mode, then using an old software update / restore and managed to get it working again.

Apparently if you have XP and a D: drive then you should re-name your D: drive as the ipod automatically defaults to D or something, or thinks D is a network drive so it keeps trying to do things that dont happen...

Itunes sucks ass too, creative is a good alternative, or use anapod instead of itunes at the very least.

Gelder said:
i know a few people who have had loads of problems with i-pods you be beter to take it back and get a creative i have been told they are alot better

do you have shares in them?

BMW 330D
i had problems with my 3rd gen 20gb ipod. I bought the extended warranty and sent it back and they sent me a brand new one. Have since upgraded to a 5th gen 50gb ipod.