ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is front camber adjsutable?

Octavia vRS tfsi
Hello chaps,

New to this Renault game that we're all playing.

Bought a Phase 1 172 at the weekend. Got it tracked this morning and my camber is out on the front. It's running 1.3 on the right and 2.3 on the left. Is the camber adjustable on the 172's?

The reason for it being out is I creamed a pothole on Sunday night, which creamed one of the alloys.:quiet:

Much obliged

Octavia vRS tfsi
Thanks for that GavFre

Going by that I'm within recommended camber for the car.

Another question, why on that diagram is there three different parameters for camber, 1 02, 1 01 and 0 59?

Which one should I be operating under?

The car is running max recommended settings on the camber so. 1 02 +/- 30 with a max of 1 degree difference left to right.

Is the standard renaultsport clio suspension equipped for camber adjustment direct from the factory to bring these values closer to neutral between min and max?

Or do items such as camber plates etc need to be purchased to do same?

Cheers lads, not used to Renaults, more in tune with BMWs!:rolleyes:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yep! i've got mine set up at knockhill. they used bolts and shims to get the right caster and camber. Don't go crazy with the degree on neg camber tho or you'll go through tyres in 5mins.

Clio 172 2 phase1
They're probably available elsewhere but deffo here:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1100

Even if within limits, it's a good idea to get the camber matched side to side. Uneven camber can cause the steering to 'nibble' under braking which can be disconcerting, and besides the same front end grip level in both left and right corners is nice...

Another question, why on that diagram is there three different parameters for camber, 1 02, 1 01 and 0 59?

Which one should I be operating under?

The car is running max recommended settings on the camber so. 1 02 +/- 30 with a max of 1 degree difference left to right.

Is the standard renaultsport clio suspension equipped for camber adjustment direct from the factory to bring these values closer to neutral between min and max?
Thats for different ride ehights lower height should have different camber.

Instead of trying to fix it with bolts get the car checked see whats bent etc most likly had a bump on a curb and a not very good fix.

Octavia vRS tfsi
It's certainly something bent and it's my own fault. Not a curb edde, I hit a fairly large pothole on Sunday night. Greasy, shitty rainy night:quiet:

Basically they're not camber adjustable as standard you need the camber bolts first! Questions answered in one go there!:cool:

Have to find somewhere to give it a good check out now. There's a main dealer just around the corner from me. I'll price theyr'e services before I go about outsourcing.