ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just me...

Artic Blue Clio 182
Is is just me that is finding the search for a decent Flame Red Clio 172 Ph2 impossible at the mo or did those of you that own one have trouble when looking? lol... Can't seem to find a good one for sale anywhere!!

Anyone know of any different websites to search for used cars, I use the usuals....Autotrader, Ebay, Pistonheads, ClioSport of course...any other suggestions?

Thanks!

RB 182
Mwahahahahaahha, i bought my totally standard one owner flame red 172 about 4 weeks ago! Had to do a 500 round trip to get it though, but boy am i pleased! The owner (a guy in his 30s who got called postman pat by his mates lol) had even kept all the DVLA tax reminders, with the corresponding disc! 4 new Michelins, and a brand new £740 exhaust inc cat were included!

All for £4800 :D

ARB013.jpg

Artic Blue Clio 182
Mwahahahahaahha, i bought my totally standard one owner flame red 172 about 4 weeks ago! Had to do a 500 round trip to get it though, but boy am i pleased! The owner (a guy in his 30s who got called postman pat by his mates lol) had even kept all the DVLA tax reminders, with the corresponding disc! 4 new Michelins, and a brand new £740 exhaust inc cat were included!

All for £4800 :D

ARB013.jpg

Ah lucky you!! what a bargain!! Not thinking of selling it just yet then?? ;) lol ... Is this your first 172? What are your first impressions... I drove one the other day and just can't wait to get one now!!

I have been looking every day for the last 2 weeks or so .... they seem to be so rare in this colour, all the more reason for getting one I think! I will keep my fingers crossed and see what I can find!!

Anyways, enjoy!! (lucky git!) lol :rasp:

Artic Blue Clio 182
flame red for sale in the cars for sale section ;)

Yeah I have just this minute seen that, just getting over my excitement lol .... I was about to PM Iain about this ... but while I am here replying to this... do you know where he is from?

Does look like a nice example though!

Cheers.

FF Blackgold 182
Mate of mine got a flame red about a month back. We had to travel some miles to get it, but it was worth the effort. Best 172 colour imo.:approve:

Artic Blue Clio 182
Typical, I'm from way down south...well Kent ... still a road trip for a nice car is always worth it!

172 Race Car
Mate of mine got a flame red about a month back. We had to travel some miles to get it, but it was worth the effort. Best 172 colour imo.:approve:

'twas me :D like animal said. had to travel but it was worth it. got a one owner 48k '02' plate for 5.5k. was the only flamer for sale in a 100 mile radius i could find. iirc there are only about 480 of them anyway. and yea best colour

Artic Blue Clio 182
Yeah deffo best colour imo!
I have just P'm'd Iain so I will await his reply!! Nothing like buying a new car and then taking it for a nice trip!

Artic Blue Clio 182

'twas me :D like animal said. had to travel but it was worth it. got a one owner 48k '02' plate for 5.5k. was the only flamer for sale in a 100 mile radius i could find. iirc there are only about 480 of them anyway. and yea best colour

How you finding it then? Good deal as well, I bet you are pleased with it!

172 Race Car
yep well pleased. To be honest it was more money than i wanted to spend but its what i wanted and any cheeper and it would of had loads of miles. Me and anim@l looked at a monaco one as well, but turned out to be 5owner chaved and thrashed. Had to change the cambelt and stuff tho. (lots of swearing involved) oh and the exhaust is total s**t. rusty, rattley and about to fall off. Cant decide what to get tho, too many different opinions on here..........its worth the wait if u want a red one and cant get one straight away

Artic Blue Clio 182
Yeah, know what you mean, I am sure it will be worth the wait as this is the only colour I really want, so kinda makes it more of a challenge to find one!! Yeah I am kinda worried about cam belts and the like ££££ but the one for sale has had both the belts changed and a new exhaust which is always a good thing as the last thing you want to do is buy a car and then have to spend more money on it!!

Oh well, fingers crossed ... I am sure the right one will turn up soon for me!!

172 Race Car
Yeah, know what you mean, I am sure it will be worth the wait as this is the only colour I really want, so kinda makes it more of a challenge to find one!! Yeah I am kinda worried about cam belts and the like ££££ but the one for sale has had both the belts changed and a new exhaust which is always a good thing as the last thing you want to do is buy a car and then have to spend more money on it!!

Always told myself id never own another red car but the clio looks the nuts in flame. Dont worry about the cambelt, if its not been doen then its a bargaining tool for the asking price.;) Good luck with the search mate....

172 Race Car
Dunno mate, its been through about 5-6 owners in last 8 months though ;)

Personaly id steer clear of high number owner cars like the RS. From my experiance they are driven hard for a few months before being passed onto someone else who thrashes it when they get bored.

Artic Blue Clio 182

Always told myself id never own another red car but the clio looks the nuts in flame. Dont worry about the cambelt, if its not been doen then its a bargaining tool for the asking price.;) Good luck with the search mate....

Well the one I have just been looking at is (or was) the newest thread in the for sale section... see what you think? Good deal?

172 Race Car
yea baby, do it, do it, do it. Already got all the right bits on it, been well maintained and looked after..........tell u what u buy mine off me and ill buy this one LOL

Artic Blue Clio 182
Lol, I was waiting for you to say that... yeah it does look like a good deal, expecially as both belts have been changed recently and sounds like it has been well looked after... I have P'md him so just have to wait and see what happens next ..... Did get excited when I saw it in the for sale section... not everyday (or ever!) you see a flame one being sold .. as we both know! lol

172 Race Car
nice to see to see what the splitter looks like on a flamer. mine will have one as soon as anima@l's carbon turns up from ktec.;)

Watch your pm box like a hawk good buddy........