ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just me?

Fiesta ST200
That parks like a tool when given the chance:
a8a2urem.jpg

Purely because I don't want some drip to park next to me in their people carrier and let their kids open the doors onto my most prized possession.

So is it just me?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fine to me mate. You can only try and avoid other people's stupidity.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone who parks their car trying to stop someone else having a space just so they can have more room deserves someone to park next to them anyway and have half a dozen thorough attempts at opening their door to get out.

What you have done though, is a bit sad but not actually a problem IMHO

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Technically you've parked closer to the zebra crossing so you're more likely to get someone to slide past it with their trolley. Duh.

I occasionally straddle the hatchings. In all honesty in the VX I try to avoid car parks all together, but I did the same in the 182 as well.

Clio 172
That parks like a tool when given the chance:
a8a2urem.jpg

Purely because I don't want some drip to park next to me in their people carrier and let their kids open the doors onto my most prized possession.

So is it just me?

I park miles away from anyone. Just for your info the reason those hashed lines are there is to give vehicles a clear view of the crossing you have just parked next too. :slap:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
In my car (03 plate 320d family wagon with 155,000 miles on) I park it anywhere and have piece of mind cos it's the family barge with a few knocks and scratches already so a few more won't bother me.

In her car (one year old Abarth 500) I always look for an end bay and park as far away from the next car as possible. I always end up looking for door knocks when I get back to her car after it's been left in a carpark......sad but true.

You shouldn't have to do stuff like this but if you care about your car and stuff like door knocks bother you, then you have to. As said too any arsehole's about that don't care about anyone else's car.

RB 182 195bhp
On the one hand you look like a total dick for doing it, on the other if you dont want door dents from the local pond-life-mobile parking next to you, what else is there? Depends on the circumstances IMO

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Parking miles away where there's loads of room = Fine.

Parking diagonally or across two bays = Dickhead.

Yep.

Some might even go out of their way to brush past with their trolley when they see people parking like a nob on purpose.

Renault Clio RS182
In the new/newer cars that i've owned, i tend to park between/next to other new cars, and hope that the owners care as much about their cars as i do about mine. I just try to avoid the "repmobiles" such as Insignias and the like.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
The 200 went and the relief from not having to worry in car parks meant I could be sociable again. Hated parking it anywhere. Looks valid to me what you've done, I would have been a little further into my box though.

MCS R56
I was walking back to my car and had my phone in my hand. Not that much hassle is it?

By hassle I mean, will Tesco or whoever's car park it is not try and ticket you for missing the space? So you might save a ding in the door but pick up a £30 fine or something?

Not too long ago a brand new 200 was parked over two spaces in my local train station car park. The two spaces were on their own at the end of the car park, so not joined to other spaces. Someone had left a nice note on the windscreen for the 200 driver and I had a good look at the space (of which both spaces have plenty of room in each bay) and managed to squeeze my car in with no room for his driver door or my passenger door to open. I hope that annoyed him/her as they were only getting in the car from the passenger side. Just no need for that kind of behaviour, even if it is a brand new car.

Fiesta ST200
I very much doubt that tesco will go through that effort.

I guess people are always gonna try avoid car park dents. They are a pain in the arse.

Someone carelessly opening a door onto a car is purely dis-respectful.

Annoying thing is, there is no way of stopping it.

To clarify, I don't park over 2 spaces. If I don't get an end space I just park a long way away.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You're hardly parked like a tool.

More using the fact you've parked across a hatched mark that has no signficance to the space to post a picture of your car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
By hassle I mean, will Tesco or whoever's car park it is not try and ticket you for missing the space? So you might save a ding in the door but pick up a £30 fine or something?

Not too long ago a brand new 200 was parked over two spaces in my local train station car park. The two spaces were on their own at the end of the car park, so not joined to other spaces. Someone had left a nice note on the windscreen for the 200 driver and I had a good look at the space (of which both spaces have plenty of room in each bay) and managed to squeeze my car in with no room for his driver door or my passenger door to open. I hope that annoyed him/her as they were only getting in the car from the passenger side. Just no need for that kind of behaviour, even if it is a brand new car.

You didn't like the fact someone had parked like a tool, so to combat that you yourself then parked like a tool?

I also park like the OP, half on hatched areas. Bothered?

MCS R56
You didn't like the fact someone had parked like a tool, so to combat that you yourself then parked like a tool?

I also park like the OP, half on hatched areas. Bothered?

I was in the space, he wasn't. The annoying point was it was the only space left as it's full everyday. I was able to fit in the space and get out my car. How is that being a tool? Bothered?

EDC 220 Trophy
Ive changed where I do my supermarket shopping since getting the 200. I now shop at sainsburys regardless that it's more expensive there just because the car park has a nice spot miles away that no one will go near me. It also has the odd spot all on its own. I'm with you mate, door dinks are a annoying. If there are no spaces on there own I have a few rules. Never park next to bangers, cars with baby seats or old peoples cars. I tend to stick it next to a merc or Audi. I know they might take care. Or as is sainsburys goes there is a blue 200 in there every night so I pop it next to that

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I never park over two bays, but do try to park as far away as possible from the majority of other cars in the supermarket. I hate parking in very busy car parks, after returning once to find this next to me, demonstrating just how retarded some members of the public are;

MentalParking_1.jpg

MentalParking_2.jpg

Note the petrol spillage on the side by the hub cap. Another indicator the 'waynetta slob' type character who returned to her car (I waited to tell her she was a weapons grade r****d) is incapable of the simple day to day activities that come with driving a car - parking, filling up with petrol etc.