ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth it?

Why did you offer money for a car with a potential headgasket issue that you don't know what it will cost to fix?

It's certainly not worth putting a new engine in a £500 Clio.

Inferno 182 Cup
might just be condom-sation if its only ever been used for wee journeys to ASDA (i might be wrong in saying this, but im sure ive heard this can happen)

106 Quicky
Why did you offer money for a car with a potential headgasket issue that you don't know what it will cost to fix?

It's certainly not worth putting a new engine in a £500 Clio.

Didn't realize at the time, and to see if he would go lower

www.renparts.co.uk
We sell absolutely loads of the d7f engines, really easy to fit if you did need to put a new one in though!

172 turbo 'cup'
might just be condom-sation if its only ever been used for wee journeys to ASDA (i might be wrong in saying this, but im sure ive heard this can happen)

This can happen if just used for short journey's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Those 1.2's (and the 16v's) are prone for clogging up the filler with mayo gunk.

Tell him the headgasket may be gone, offer a low price, drive away happy.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Those 1.2's (and the 16v's) are prone for clogging up the filler with mayo gunk.

Tell him the headgasket may be gone, offer a low price, drive away happy.

+1, also the head gasket is cheap as chips to repalce on these engines and any mechanic can do it (I did mine myself).

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
and IMO its a good price provided everything else looks ok. HG would cost no more than £100 to repair at a small garage (the D7F is the simplest of engines to work on).