ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is mine the worst melted/f***ed thumgrips Renault steering wheel ever?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If so, do I win a prize?

Mmmmm, nice...

100_3059.jpg

100_3056.jpg

100_3058.jpg

100_3061.jpg

100_3062.jpg

100_3063.jpg

Definitely not fit for the purpose...no way is that 'normal' wear and tear.

Anyone have one that's worse?

Clio 197
Thats the exact same problem that happened with my mums megane, the steering wheel was fucked and everyone that came and looked at it questioned the mileage as you expect that from really high milers but they are just s**t steering wheels to be honest.

ST
Disklock thingy, added safety and will stop the wheel getting ruined or just stick a towel over it if its going to be parked in the sun all day...

I dont have this problem as my car is garaged 5 days out of 7 lol..

When I looked at a 172 at a garage it had the standard knackered steering wheel, the salesman's suggestion was to put one of those ghey steering wheel covers on, you know the ones with the tribal pattern!
Not only do they look gash knowing me I would turn the cover and the wheel would stay still and go straight into a tree!

That is pretty horiffic Mark!

Mine started to go last summer. I've just chucked an old t-shirt over the wheel whenever its parked in the sun and the thumb grips hav'nt got any worse. The top of the wheel has started to crack this summer though. But f**k it. I did'nt buy the car for the lovely steering wheel! I'll replace with a nice Momo before it gets like yours

Rs monaco 172 mk2
f**k....... i thought mine was bad.....
i feel much better after seeing im not the only one

M2 Competition
My cup wheel (now removed for a sparco jobby) is still in one piece, thumb grips intact.

Any idea how much theyre worth?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
He's so fierce on track! ;) - Need gentlier hands mark!

Nothing wrong with my hands sweetness, I grip and stroke it gently.

Serious question for you for a change Ali...

Is there anything in your detailing arsenal that would have stopped that?

Or is it just s*** leather?

serious answer....lol...I don't know! I use leather care and conditor on mine. But never had a problem with crackin or splitting bits...only seems to happen to some cars. My 172 was an 02 plate and it was fine, left in the sun and all sorts...

Mine is absolutely fine. But I do tend to have my hands in different places on the steering wheel a lot and don't grip really tightly.

Plus I'm up North, so the sun is a rare occurance.

M

mini-valver

The dynamique ones don't seem to wear anywhere near as bad. Granted they don't jave the thumb grips but the actual wheels are usually pretty good....

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My god man, thats a mess. How can you put up with that day in day out?!

Mine started to melt so i changed it not long after.