ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the ph1 a bit dated now?

Clio 172 mk2
I do like the phase 1...don't see a great deal around see more 182s than Mk2 and Mk1 RS put together!

Mk 1 Quite a benchmark car when it came out....I remember Plato test driving one head to head against the Civic Type R that came out at a similar time....raved about the handling:D

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
No chance, still prever the look of my Burnt Orange PH1 to any silver/blue or black Ph2 I see out and about.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i gree with Scotland... 197 has made the 182 date overnight

i still prefer the looks of the 182 though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not so much the PH1, but the whole MK2 Clio as a whole. These 3 pics of Cup racers @ the Ring back in 2006 put the cars in perspective

DSCF9431.jpg

588c56ea.jpg

cf5bc590.jpg

it made the Mk2 look about 20yrs old over night.

Mondeo TDCI 130
But the mk2 was about 20 seconds in front................. runs and hides!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree, the new shape has come along leaps and bounds! Even though the PH1 & 2 look mint also!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its like the CTR. When i was selling my 182 it was between two cars, 197 and CTR. The reason i got a 197 is they are still fresh and you never see any where i live!! Older CTR's (facelift, not the current ones) are ten a penny, and again have had their day in my eyes.

VaVa
Never liked them myself... not sure if they look any more dated than any other car of that age. They do look kinda 'dumb' though. lol.

Lots of Alfas
The 172mk1 has more character. I prefer older cars anyway. Heres a good pic that may help change some minds.

cimg0735nt6.jpg

Ive onyl had my flamer 2 1/2 weeks and to be honest i love it and the looks - its got great road presence. But in a pic thread i made Ali reckoned it looked pretty dated (which is fair enough) but i was just wodnering what other people's opinions were.

So dated or not? you decide :

Photo-0056.jpg

dont listen to the comments.. i tend to ignore them.. looks great dude

172 ph1
Who in their right mind would paint their car green and yellow!

Of course it looks dated - that's fashion for you.

I wonder what will look best in 10 years time, ph1 or ph2?

FF-Cupped 182 '05
cimg0735nt6.jpg

car_photo_245433_25.jpg

It seems the Mk3 Ph2 is going back to the Mk2 Ph1; the closed front, the rounded flat headlights..

Agree the Mk2 as a whole looks dated; low waisteline, narrow arches, it has no roadpresence at all..still drives damned wel though :) .

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yes they look dated, but that doesn't mean they look crap :)

I love the looks of mine, when in the rear view mirror the arches look nice and bulging :) People always slate the dash but in all honesty I couldn't really care too much as the drive is more important to me. Seats are nice and that's my benchmark for a nice interior :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think it's a dated-looking car, but that's not a bad thing.

205's, Mk1 Golfs, Ren 5's are all dated, but all still look great.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
cimg0735nt6.jpg

car_photo_245433_25.jpg

It seems the Mk3 Ph2 is going back to the Mk2 Ph1; the closed front, the rounded flat headlights..

Agree the Mk2 as a whole looks dated; low waisteline, narrow arches, it has no roadpresence at all..still drives damned wel though :) .

^^^^ - between those two pics, the Sunflower wins hands-down!

D.