ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a reason this is cheap?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  rs clio ph1 172
no service history after 30k, no proof of mileage unless he has old mot's and service records?
cambelts will cost around 400-500 quid, thats seems about right priced then.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Maybe a 172 Cup..
As already said mate, really isn't that cheap. When you think belts are yet to be done, what else has been neglected. Personally would rather spend 4.2-4.3k on one with a full history. There are some tidy ones in classifieds at min, one with Milltek on looks tidy.

Or if you're at the top o your budget at 3.5k would rather have a mint late 172 than a neglected 182 TBH...

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MKV GTI
Or....... sell the recaros for circa £600 and take standard RS clio seats in return, then get the belts done along with a good service with the money from the recaros.

Ideally though you'd probably want to get the dephaser and water pump done at the same time so add £200ish to that.

Alternativly as been said get yourself a mint 172!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta Zetec S
It's also come to light that there is outstanding finance on the car so that might also be why! I just thought given the recaros etc it wasn't a bad deal. But no £3500 isn't the top of my budget, will be looking to spend just north of 4 as I want a 182 instead of a 172. Cheers for the replies though

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Seems a decent enough price to me.

£3.5k inc. Recaros that are worth £700. So £2800 for a '05 plate 182 with 53k miles.

Add on the Cambelt service at £450 and you've got a decent enough car imho.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Bear in mind when people say 4-500 for belts thats very basic...if you want a full major service includingdephaser it soon adds up to a lot more than 4-500, will be more like 7-800