ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this 172 or 182? help!!

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
Im confused!! to me this looks like a 182 full fat?? am i right in saying these come with cruise control?

Im going to test drive this car saturday and with only 7k on the clock and 1 lady owner it should be mint!!:D

the spec is advertised as:
ABS, Air conditioning, Alarm, Alloy wheels, CD player, Central locking, Driver's airbag, Electric windows, Immobiliser, Leather interior, Multiple airbags, Power assisted steering
Electric Mirrors, Service History, Spare Keys, Sports Interior, Rear Head Rests.
Half leather, half suede interior, tinted glass.

172 or 182????? :dapprove:
7481_2257_02.jpg

7481_2257_01.jpg

7481_2257_01.jpg

7481_2257.jpg

Puma 1.7 16v
Thats a 182 going by the wheels and twin exhausts.

It doesn't have the Cup splitter, wheels and suspension though

172 Cup
Comes back as -

Manufacturer RENAULT
Model RENAULTSPORT CLIO 16V
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 05 April 2004
Number of previous owners 1
Last owner change 09 April 2004

It's a 182 but possibly import due to the wording on the V5.

172 Cup
MattJ said:
Thats a 182 going by the wheels and twin exhausts.

Either you've got X-ray vision or I'm missing a photo my end.

EDIT - Forums being a b*tch my end.. Photo's appeared.

FordFocus
.Griff. said:
Comes back as -

Manufacturer RENAULT
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL

looks like it was pre registered by the dealer too, or someone hated it and only kept it 4 days :) So the Lady will be the 2nd owner.

Mark

Puma 1.7 16v
.Griff. said:
Either you've got X-ray vision or I'm missing a photo my end.

EDIT - Forums being a b*tch my end.. Photo's appeared.

I didn't see the pic until I scrolled down on the 'Reply' page!!

tiTTy & SV650
04 suggests 182 too but the deciding factor will be the paint, if its black gold u know its defo a 182...

the exhaust and wheels are possible mods, but nothing suggests its not a 182.

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
thanks for the replies!!!

Yes it could be modded but im 95% sure he would have said something over the phone.

If the test drive is ok i will be parting with my gti-180 and getting this! I just hope i make the right choice!! :S saving myself 100 squid a month but payments are over 4 years instead of my current 2.5yrs left on gti.

what are the pro's and cons between the gti-180 and this 182?? anything i should look out for??. I know some of you have driven both and if you could give me an unbiased opinion that would be great! ive been reading reviews and everybody seems to love the car!!!! :D :cool: do 182's have cruise control as standard??

tiTTy & SV650
not driven a gti 180, i think they look great but i hear they aint all that great. The 182 has always had much better reviews and been highly regarded by the media.

I would say that it is a full fat 182 with no cup packs

my cousin has got one and it looks nice but doesnt seem as quick as the 182 :) IMHO

Mini Cooper S sport
.Griff. said:
Comes back as -

Manufacturer RENAULT
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL

Griff - how do you get that info? I've looked everywhere but all the sites I've found that you type plate details into charge money!

VaVa
It's on the RAC site petal.

I would get a 182 WITH Cup packs if I were you. imho there's not much point in paying the extra over a 172 otherwise. Unless your hell bent on having those silly twin exhausts.

Mini Cooper S sport
lagerlout1 said:
It's on the RAC site petal.

Thanks munchkin *kiss*

And yeah, resale will be better if you have both the cup packs...plus anthracite alloys on black look great!

VaVa
There's absolutely nothing wrong with imports.

The reason to watch out for them is that they came with less standard equipment and were generally bought for less, thus are worth approx £500-£1000 than a bona fide UK car.

Clio 172 mk2
Definately 182....I don't think the one lady owner would be bothered to do the exhaust work to make the 172 look like the 182.

IMO there is nothing wrong with it even if it is an import....don't get stressed by all this resale value bs....it's a French car at the end of the day so your boung to loose money anyway regardless of designation.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
lagerlout1 said:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with imports.

The reason to watch out for them is that they came with less standard equipment and were generally bought for less, thus are worth approx £500-£1000 than a bona fide UK car.

I'm on my second import , only standard equipment they didn't come with was the cobra alarm and locking wheel nuts .

When i sold my 172 i got more than some others were advertsied at on autotrader , same age ,similar mileage .Plus i paid £1500 less than Renault were selling em at new.

Imported Megane 225's can be picked up for about 5 grand less then m.r.r.p

Imports all the way for me :)

MKIII 138
^^ agree my last 172 was an import, if it wasnt avalible at that price i wouldnt be on here as reno at the time wanted 14k for used 172`s with 20k miles on bloody rip off merchants. i got my brand new 172MKII at 12k
bought my cup since then used but if i did buy new it would be import as you say a £20,000 (basic spec) megane can be has for £14895 !! really well built and well specced cars probably the best bargin out thre for the last two years

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
lee_180 said:
thanks for the replies!!!

If the test drive is ok i will be parting with my gti-180 and getting this! I just hope i make the right choice!! :S saving myself 100 squid a month but payments are over 4 years instead of my current 2.5yrs left on gti.

what are the pro's and cons between the gti-180 and this 182?? anything i should look out for??. I know some of you have driven both and if you could give me an unbiased opinion that would be great! ive been reading reviews and everybody seems to love the car!!!! :D :cool: do 182's have cruise control as standard??

I went 2 look at a 206 gti 180 last sat, was set on buying it then had a test drive and was'nt impressed. Was walking away when I saw a 182 sat in the back car park awaiting prep.. took it out and bought it same day!

You get loads more for your money, and yes cruz is standard.

Mine is an import as well, the only differance is I have a singma alarm not a cobra.

I'd find out how much it would be to get the cup packs on! Looks plan without.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
tomhunt85 said:
Don't you only get 1 years warranty instead of 3 with the imports though?

Nope . You get exactly the same 3 years warranty and 3 years AA assistance as a UK car unless its from Holland or destined for Cyprus .

All you do is phone Renault UK and they register it .

VaVa
MRBILLYUK said:
I'm on my second import , only standard equipment they didn't come with was the cobra alarm and locking wheel nuts .

When i sold my 172 i got more than some others were advertsied at on autotrader , same age ,similar mileage .Plus i paid £1500 less than Renault were selling em at new.

Imported Megane 225's can be picked up for about 5 grand less then m.r.r.p

Imports all the way for me :)

So it didn't have the same standard equipment then.

I got a UK car brand new for 12k. It's worth more than an import. Get over it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
lagerlout1 said:
So it didn't have the same standard equipment then.

I got a UK car brand new for 12k. It's worth more than an import. Get over it.

I'm sooooooo fcuking pleased for ya , and i bet its not worth more than an import :clown:

Read my other post and tell me what you don't understand ! I sold my import for more than other UK cars of the same age , spec , similar mileage on Autotrader , FACT :rasp:

A Fast One!
looks like a full fat 182 without cup packs to me!

check the front end of the car as it looks like the splitter on the bottom of the bumper is missing..... i think its about £90 for a new one

Alex

Spykee said:
looks like a full fat 182 without cup packs to me!

check the front end of the car as it looks like the splitter on the bottom of the bumper is missing..... i think its about £90 for a new one

Alex
90 quid for a new one............ yeh and the rest

Shhh
Full fat 182.

No visual Cup suspension packs, tho may have standard wheels fitted.
No cup spoiler packs as no front splitter, and small rear spoiler. Also non cup / packs cars have a clear rear light. 182 with cup packs have red rear lights.