ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this illegal

Quote: Originally posted by daveRT on 27 May 2003

its with liverpool victoria who when they said "you can do any mods you want"

A supprised me said "what even a 2.0 engine conversion"

They said " yes, as long as you photograph the evidence and keep all the reciepts.
So your 18 with a 1.4 at the moment? Are you on your own as fully comp? How much are you paying?

Cheers

-Rob

Lupo Gti

hey this all sounds like good fun! cheap insurance im up for that!

with a motor tarders policy is it just u have the names of people involved who can drive the cars, then u pay x amount and u are insured regardless of what the car is, so in theory u could be 18 yr old, and named in this policy then a nice porka arrives and hey presto ure insured....??? or do they take into account that this mite happen and charge u a silly amount for it...???

ALso Dave RT, id get a nova and dump a 2.0ltr 16v in, they fly!!! and what u are saying with that is if u were paying £700 for insurance on say a standard nova SRI, then u dump a 2.0ltr 16v in they will charge u only 10% more, making insurance £770....? christ think i need to do sumin like this, my 1.4 is tooo slow!

Lanky_mos, i think i will be looking for something like a 1.0 nova, even cheaper.

Rob fenn, mine is a 1.4, im 18 with no no claims, its fully comp and im paying 1044. It was by far the cheapest quote i got and the engine thing was something they told me about after when i asked about declaring the mods id already done.

The company never said anything about 10% extra a mod, they never even asked me about any mods before they insured me so before it went through i asked about weather i would need to pay extra for my wheels, exhaust, IK and they said that the company doesnt record the mods done and with any new mods done i just need to record the work done and keep the reciepts

Lupo Gti

yeh, i reckon i need sumin like this!!! get a nice 1.2 nova or somin and dump a nice 170bhp 2ltr 16v in, get some of those 172s woried!!

you can get around 260BHP out of a calibra turbo engine, i dont think their would be many cars that could match the power to weight ratio,

actually, what sort of cars would give a 260 break nova a decent race ??

A slow one :-(

Im with liverpool vivtoria! I have asked them twice about mods and they told me jsut to keep evidence off them, ie receipts photos etc and for no extra cost!

They wont let you do anything too OTT like engine conversions though. Id be sensible with it. Like body mods mainly! Plenty of time for you to get a faster car mate!

Im paying 1240 on a Clio alize which is damn good considering my nearest quote was 1500! Im 20, 1 write off due to adverse weather conditions and 0 NCBs