ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this proof that my rear wheel bearing is fooked

Titanium Clio 182
The wheel doesn't wobble when I raise it off the floor and wiggle it. But I can see greese on the outside, the first photo below is one of the front bearing which is clean!!

The second one is the greese on the rear one! I think this is the bearing, I know nothing about cars haha :). Anyway when I steer to the left the noise quietens when I steer to the right it goes loud!! The noise is from the rear so I reckon its the rear passenger side wheel bearing which is buggered!!

Front Wheel
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n-e9883G9KBd4xg3oJrmwy8Ja5pv1YZpEu3wAJ1SFXs?feat=directlink

Rear Wheel
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ej7jOlIGDITjsvWOaN8E_y8Ja5pv1YZpEu3wAJ1SFXs?feat=directlink

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I don't know from the pics, but get it checked. My rear bearing collapsed on the motorway last week, it was not fun!

Titanium Clio 182
Its just strange that the grease has suddenly appeared?

Did you wheel lock-up when it collapsed? I'm going to get it checked out.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Yep, it pulled the handbrake on becuase of the angle, the garage who fitted the dics 'fixed' it the next day. Drove a mile and it went again, having a nightmare at the moment.

Titanium Clio 182
thats not good, hope you get it sorted mate, nothing worse than your car constantly breaking and draining your wallet!! A bearing can fail at any time, even new ones, did it come with a guarantee?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
They are fixing it an will be until it bloody works, and i'll be asking for my money back.

Titanium Clio 182
First Quote lol:

Afternoon the bearing is a complete hub assembly including the brake disc and is only supplied as a pair

I would also advise that you also change the rear pads

Aprox price for the job is £280.00

=========

Is that taking the piss? How much should this cost?

First Quote lol:

Afternoon the bearing is a complete hub assembly including the brake disc and is only supplied as a pair

=========

im pretty sure you can just get a new bearing pressed in for about £50 if you dont need new discs / pads at the same time.

mines on its way out, so will be going down this route. Discs are fine.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think I paid £70 for a new rear bearing on my ph1 1.4. Just had a new one pressed in.

On a 1*2, I bought new Renault discs with bearings and pads for £117. Was quoted 1-1.5 hour labour for a garage, luckily a mate help me sort them!

Lionel Richie
First Quote lol:

=========

slightly!

£140 approx in bits

then 1 hour, maybe 1.5hrs (if they're REALLY slow) in labour

Lionel Richie
£20 for a bearing and about 30min to do it

i charge £50 fitted off the top of my head for a rear wheel bearing

is he buying you dinner and supplying the lube?

Storm grey 200
Have they put the washers back on behind the discs? this happened to me not so long ago, went through 2 wheel bearings in 3 weeks on the nsr.

Titanium Clio 182
£20 for a bearing and about 30min to do it

i charge £50 fitted off the top of my head for a rear wheel bearing

is he buying you dinner and supplying the lube?

Im not going to get it done from them, as £280 is a little steep!!

Have they put the washers back on behind the discs? this happened to me not so long ago, went through 2 wheel bearings in 3 weeks on the nsr.

I'm not sure!

Titanium Clio 182
I had a nother Quote for £300 to replace the discs and bearings as a whole unit!!

Went to Auto Enterprises which is a small local garage in Middlesbrough and they said a MAX of £240 if they can't replace just the bearing. If they can replace the bearing then it will be £65. So heres hoping Auto Enterprises can just fix the bearing!!

Golf GTD Mk7
just buy the discs ready pressed and fit them yourself. It's such an easy job. Take an hour if you've no idea what to do. Check the guide section.

Titanium Clio 182
just cost me 69 and the noise has gone. so job well done.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk