ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this the Correct 172 Ph2 damper??

330 Ci
I've recently had one of my front dampers replaced, however until now hadn't looked at it.

Before i order one for the other side, can someone knowledagble confirm that its the correct damper for a PH2 172?

On fitting the garage commented that it had a different damping rate to the damper that was on there before - however unfortunately i have no idea what was previously fitted..

Part No: QAG178484

View attachment 56496

Is this the correct damper?

ITB'd MK1
well it's non genuine. I've fitted that brand before and they've seemed decent enough. You shouldn't have an issue if you've replaced dampers as a pair.

Genuine dampers aren't expensive, and are made by KYB (kayaba)

330 Ci
Thanks for clearing that up, just wanted to check they hadn't fitted a regular clio damper.

Will get a matching one for the other side.

Sent from my far superior Android

330 Ci
I agree, cheaper then what I paid for the one in the pic too...£68! Shame I hadn't known at the time - still, no point dwelling on it :(