ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isle of Skye Trip.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
When i finished uni 3 weeks ago i started work the following monday in a design studio doing what i want to do. This opportunity was to good to pass up so put the few plans i had for the summer on hold.
After the short contract had finished (2 weeks) I got the offer to go and work for GM in there UK studio. So i started there last week so i thought i would not get the chance to go and see Helen on her placement on Skye.

It turns out the Americans take this week off, so on Thursday i left work outside Milton Keynes and drove home to Durham.

Friday morning i set of to the Isle of Skye.

The drive up to Glasgow was a nice easy motorway cruise but after that the drive became a little annoying. Lots of caravans...with not many overtaking points.

At Fort William i listened to my Sat Nav and took a left instead of taking the "road to the Isles" :dapprove:

I drove all the way to Mallaig...i Just made the last ferry to Skye with 3 minutes to spare. The road to Mallaig was great though :D

On Saturday we took the Ferry to Raasay with the hope of having a bike ride but it rained (surprise) so we drove around instead. The Roads were poor but fun.

On Sunday we visited Dunvegan and the rest of the Isle.

Although not the most interesting of places in the rain i still had alot of fun. Some of the roads are great and some are very ropey.

PICS...Not many as it was raining 90% of the time.

4764208861_d02214bcb7_b.jpg

4764242453_861025001c_b.jpg

4764233325_154c2e8351_b.jpg

4764256939_d85770d66a_b.jpg

4764247125_f2625eb607_b.jpg

4764873036_acaf7f5faf_b.jpg

4764275211_485ff308ab_b.jpg

4764915482_e2a51b5806_b.jpg

4764919452_995feafb14_b.jpg

In total have done 1160miles, 41.2MPG

/Adrian

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very clean, simple looking car. Nice pics too.

I did 960 miles to Cumbria/back and thought that was committment, you've definately got to love that car! lol!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! 41.2mpg! :cool:

The pics are pretty good too... :rasp:

Joking aside, some lovely captures mate.

A few of us are heading that way in September (then touring around Scotland) although ours starts and ends in South Wales - so it will be one heck of a trip...

LY182/NHB CTR
stunning views and photos.. As SharkyUK said we are going to the Isle of Skye on our Scotland tour this year and seeing these photos I am looking forward to the trip even more now :)

182 cup
Very nice place to go, we just got back from a bike trip up there.

The road from Fort William to Skye was my favourite!

we didnt quite manage 42 mpg though!!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Very nice place to go, we just got back from a bike trip up there.

The road from Fort William to Skye was my favourite!

we didnt quite manage 42 mpg though!!

Guessing you were not the cup i flashed/waved at in Fort Will on Friday then.

I came back the "Road to the Isle" road and was not to impressed, the best roads are on Skye or the one to Mallaig i thought