ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB airbox design..

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Hello all.. May remember me from making this...

DSC_1347_zps6a02d6bb.gif

Now I'm on to the next thing for my new Clio..

Would like to re-create something similar to Colin satchells 205 airbox/306 Maxi style box to allow better bonnet clearance aswell as trumpet to filter clearance.

Just wondering has anyone done something similar before? Il be using a large ITGc panel filter.

Colins

735749_526867350670405_457630423_o_zps1c0eeb15.gif

306 maxi

tab-90_zps51ecf874.jpg

Plan is for it to be made from aluminium as thats what I work with but have it swoopy like the maxi..

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Should be pretty sweet.. Rolling road tommorow before any changes are made for a benchmark.
Currently using an ITG sausage filter.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Yup ive been looking into somthing similar myself, Colins car sounds MAD! and it flew up Gurston Hill Climb!

172 Cup Jenvey'd
I think it would cure alot of issues.. Will have to make myself a radiator aswell for more room.

Yeah it does fly! 280bhp so no wonder why, airbox adds 80bhp so thats what I'm aiming for haha

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Atleast :p

That was a joke mind.. Doubt it would make much if any difference. But I prefer this design and so do alot of engine builders.

big boost cup
If you can make one for a boosted car that would be great I can even lend you a demo car free of charge lol

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That looks epic, suck up small animals as you go.

Might be worth doing some cad model tests first tho, there must be a few engineers on here that could knock one up pretty quickly.

340i
Wouldn't that just act like a big water scoop?

I guess it would work well on a track - but for a car thats used on the road, its just asking for trouble.

Worked fine on our 4K mile trip around Europe a few years ago ;) The only issue was the welds cracking due to the stiff mounting, this has been resolved by fitting rubber bobbins on the mount points iirc.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Well thats abit different fairplay, ringing up ITG to get a price on a filter today. Then have a good look at it all.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Ordered a custom filter.. Rolling road done..

My standard 182 was 175bhp
Current Clio 172 is 213bhp 169 torque, the figures on this rolling road are pretty accurate.

So thats the benchmark for any changes.

Will get and make a radiator once the filter is here next week. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ordered a custom filter.. Rolling road done..

My standard 182 was 175bhp
Current Clio 172 is 213bhp 169 torque, the figures on this rolling road are pretty accurate.

So thats the benchmark for any changes.

Will get and make a radiator once the filter is here next week. Looking forward to it!

I'd be more interested in a data log of your AFR at 100mph before and after TBH, as its at speed its most likely to have an effect, not on the rollers with just a fan.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, that inlet was NOT designed or built by Matt or TDF. Want to know where it really came from? I know because I have one

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No, the plenum itself is actually part of a two piece inlet from a 888 designed engine.

Touring Car Spares were selling the complete setups a few years ago. I was a little upset when Phil told me.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
I absolutely adore the ktec jenvey kit... Not!

As expected this is the issue if I ran 90mm trumpets. Which would make it 10mm longer than a genuine jenvey kit with 120mm trumpets..

DSC_1839_zps4c0d5df3.gif

DSC_1840_zpsa65ccbfe.gif

Cutting needed.. Lovely. I want a fiberglass bonnet so was thinking they wouldnt have as much inner skin as a standard one so may help with the clearance?

Finally after all the bloody arguments on the other ITB thread - that's exactly what I said would happen with the Ktec DTH kit. It angles up too far!

Shame you don't have the proper ITB kit from Jenvey - would be easier.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Jenvey make 110mm long 40 degree angled trumpets.

Or you could make some angled spacers.

I love how ktec told me that 90mm would fit on the DTH bodies with just a shorter rad and shallower filter. And that 120 would fit with a bit of bonnet cutting......

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you got the Jenvey SF's or DTH setup Phil? Considering the SF kit myself after Christmas.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
LOL K-Tec told you that?????

There's no way

Yes. I also asked what the angle of the bodies is but they didn't know. I measured the angle of the head inlet face and that's at 10 degrees, so I assume they will be inline with that.

It's making me lean towards the SF setup, I wonder if 150mm trumpets would fit?!

Yes. I also asked what the angle of the bodies is but they didn't know. I measured the angle of the head inlet face and that's at 10 degrees, so I assume they will be inline with that.

It's making me lean towards the SF setup, I wonder if 150mm trumpets would fit?!

On a ph1 you'd struggle.

120mm's are perfect on it IMHO.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Jenvey make 110mm long 40 degree angled trumpets.

Or you could make some angled spacers.

I love how ktec told me that 90mm would fit on the DTH bodies with just a shorter rad and shallower filter. And that 120 would fit with a bit of bonnet cutting......

Haha 120's would literally be out the bonnet.. Would also be 40mm longer than jenvey sf's with 120's though.