ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Project

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Well after speaking with andy at GDI and discussing the ins and outs of ITB's i have decided to purchase some and fit them to my car......

They are due to arrive next wednesday and im actually so excited im loosing sleep over it. (For real)

A few things im doing prehand to prep for it is, removing the slam panel as im going 90mm Trumpets and installing bonnet pins.

The bonnet pins i have seen a few ideas on here and its deffo the aero catchs. Trouble is im not sure which are the TRUE FLUSH pins i need and if someone can point me in the right link to which one i need.

For the mean time i have some of the ring ones as a temporary till the areocatches arrive once you lot have gave me some guidance. (Im quite handy with tools ;)) Also the deciding factor is which out of the holes should use to best place these pins giving the curvature of the bonnet as i notice there are 2 free holes where the slam panel used to be which seem the best contender.

Im sure some of you are going to say supercharger, but the day i heard those ITB's going just made it for me.....

Mods List so far:

HC Brembo Discs + Lines + DS2500
17" Black Team Dynamics Pro Race 1
Fk Highsport Coilovers
Full Ktec Twin Rolled Exhaust
Ebay SuperChip :eek:

That is all........

Cheers Craig

Chip is a Joke ;)

PH1 iceburg
I would love to have the skills/nerve to do it on my own.

Are you going for the omex aswell?

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Dan Yes going omex 600 as its an all in Package and i think its more nerve but i feel competant.

Jaylow havent got the areocatches and im asking the forum if they know best where to get the FLUSH ones. As there is a few too choose from.

Im gonna up some pics in a short while of what she looks like..

To also add i have stripped the whole rear of the car out.

Cheers Craig

340i
Demon tweeks for the flush aerocatches, around £25 iirc?? Best to give them a call, they will know which ones you require!

Sounds like a good project, if only I had the "disposable" cash to do this *sigh* ;)

SQ5
I would love to have the skills/nerve to do it on my own.

Are you going for the omex aswell?

Could do it in 1.5 days tops and having it running on a base map easily! Get two people on it and you'll do it in a day very easily!

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Ok the pics i said i'd show you. There only quick ones as i been busy working since start of thread...

26052009196.jpg

26052009199.jpg

One of the engine bay where i have put the pins in place ready for the bonnet pins

26052009195.jpg

Ands the back stripped out

26052009198.jpg

Any comments on the pin places please let me kno,

FYI if you use the location i have chosen then you need to be aware of the distances they are from either side as the slam panel holes are in the right place on the left side just the slam panel is spread longer on the left than the right so the hole on the right needs too be made of to the right

Cheers

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Sounds good. The only bit hard about the installation would be the aero catch pins!

ITB'd MK1
I use the square holes just slightly further out from where you've used for the bonnet pins. Tried both and it works better. Also, the "kit" contains brackets to secure the grille that attach to the holes you've used

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Got the toolbox as an xmas pressy lasy year, also danny i see what your saying about using the square ones, but i was concerned it wouldn't be as flush due to the curvature of the bonnet, where fred has done his is where they roughly come out. Thats the ones i was looking for fred, but what are they called?? Flush or plus flush carbon?

Delay on ITB Manifold from jenvey so should be with me friday now :D

Craig

Cro

Meg'd r27
Good stuff dude sounds cool, did you get the complete kid from GDI, plug and play loom n that?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Got the toolbox as an xmas pressy lasy year, also danny i see what your saying about using the square ones, but i was concerned it wouldn't be as flush due to the curvature of the bonnet, where fred has done his is where they roughly come out. Thats the ones i was looking for fred, but what are they called?? Flush or plus flush carbon?

Delay on ITB Manifold from jenvey so should be with me friday now :D

Craig

Demon Tweeks fella for the Aerocatches iirc their around the £43 for the key's in black, and circa £50 for carbon

Link: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=PST120-2000