ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG Maxogen&coolant leak - sh*t my pants!

Clio 172 Cup

so i was driving home today - all of a sudden i got the STOP warning along with the coolant warning light - i noticed my temp was SKY HIGH. sh*tE!!

Pulled over and had a look - the coolant tank was empty, and it was splashed everywhere in my engine bay. ANNOYING.

The coolant pipe that comes out the coolant holder and travels tightly past the ITG filter had been rubbing against the main part of the induction kit. It was so tight that the rubbing had sliced a hole in it. With it being a hot day the radiator fan had blown the coolant splashing it everywhere - messy :-(

When i fitted the ITG there was no warning this could happen - and i was initially concerned about that pipe rubbing so much on the side of the filter. On the coolant hose pipe there is a kinda protective cover - but i only noticed this today. im gonna get a new pipe (anyne know how much???) and cover the whole pipe with the protective stuff just in case - will this be ok - is it strong enough to stop the rubbing from putting another hole in the pipe??? I think i might also try and squeeze a bit of rubber inbewteen the filter and the pipe - just for extra measure.

regards J

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

do you mean the return pipe to the reservior?

if so, my Viper does the same thing. i used some old coolant pipe left over from when i changed to Samcos to double-skin it.

job done.

Clio 172 Cup

yeah the return pipe

Neil82cup: its just the pipe to the left hand side of the filter that runs back to the coolant liquid holder

VaVa

Mines not touching the pipe, but it is rubbing in between the battery and the slam panel. Some minor adjustment need methinks. Its a bloody tight fit!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 19 August 2005 at 7:46pm]

Clio 172 Cup

yeah mine is rubbing all over the place - the battery, the coolant return hose, the panel where you place the thin rubber strip - not very clever. But i cant get it to fit any better :-(

VaVa

Ive got a bit of leeway - I reckon if I move it closer to the hose, I can pull it far enough away to stop it rubbing on the battery/slam panel. But thats for next week.... Im off out on the piss for the weekend!!

Yes, this is what I was concerning when I fit my ITG Maxogen. It is to close to the pipe. Wish everything is OK in the engine.

In order to cut cost, ITG only did a few carbon box to fit onto many different cars. But it is too close to Clio. I always think of changing it back to original one cos mine are free from my friend. I think the ITG Maxogen is just OK, except if you go high rev all the time.

Clio 172 Cup

yeah i thought so - as the one in the picture looks quite different to mine (the picture is from k-tec). Wondered whether they had actaully changed the filter.

mk2 clio 172

exactly the same happend to me couple of days ago. have wedged in a slice of sponge between the ik and the pipe now does the trick.

Clio 172 Cup

its a bit sh*tty how its such a tight squeeze - my kit is also being damaged by the battery

[Edited by jpmad4it2 on 20 August 2005 at 4:26pm]