ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's official, I hate my 172

Clio 172
Well, that might be an exaggeration.

1. Just had a service, didn't need one as it's only covered 5000 miles since the last one. £300, ouch. Massive, cavernous potholes in Leeds snapped suspension spring and sent tracking way off. To be fair I do not drive the car sympathtically. Plus just bought new pads and discs all round to fit.
2. Was pulled by the police last month for 'driving like a rally driver' despite not breaking the speed limit. One of the nice one's though, he said he liked my car and that I should really go for it and put my foot down in the right conditions, i.e. not freezing and sleet, just wanted me to be safe, respect to him.
3. Just blindsided a metal post. On my mate's street, in a cul-de-sac, put there by a £4000 a term private school, no streetlights, black painted immovable post impossible to see as below windsceen height. Damage is ridiculous, huge rear quarter dent, trim off, cracked side skirt and door trim, scuffed wheel, flattened wheel arch. I was doing about 5mph, what the hell is going on?!! My mate is a metropolitain copper, advsed me to claim from the school, sent e-mail, waiting response.

Having said that, I can't afford anything else at the moment and one the right road, with just me and not much petrol on board it still can dance.

You know what it's like, you just get ahead, bit of savings and then you have to blow it on things you don't want to!!

Rant over.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Agree with Shadowness tbh, none of those things are the cars fault, they're yours for driving like a tit and servicing your car when it doesn't need one? Who does that, seriously. Did you just wake up one morning and think "my car doesn't need it, but she's been a good girl, i'll treat her to a 300 quid service"

lift number 1 @ btm
Well, that might be an exaggeration.

1. Just had a service, didn't need one as it's only covered 5000 miles since the last one. £300, ouch. Massive, cavernous potholes in Leeds snapped suspension spring and sent tracking way off. To be fair I do not drive the car sympathtically. Plus just bought new pads and discs all round to fit.
2. Was pulled by the police last month for 'driving like a rally driver' despite not breaking the speed limit. One of the nice one's though, he said he liked my car and that I should really go for it and put my foot down in the right conditions, i.e. not freezing and sleet, just wanted me to be safe, respect to him.
3. Just blindsided a metal post. On my mate's street, in a cul-de-sac, put there by a £4000 a term private school, no streetlights, black painted immovable post impossible to see as below windsceen height. Damage is ridiculous, huge rear quarter dent, trim off, cracked side skirt and door trim, scuffed wheel, flattened wheel arch. I was doing about 5mph, what the hell is going on?!! My mate is a metropolitain copper, advsed me to claim from the school, sent e-mail, waiting response.

Having said that, I can't afford anything else at the moment and one the right road, with just me and not much petrol on board it still can dance.

You know what it's like, you just get ahead, bit of savings and then you have to blow it on things you don't want to!!

Rant over.

to be honest, reading that, it does sound self inflicted.

gutted for you still,

Evo
Clios have a way of attracting bad luck ay. always going wrong at the wrong time, one thing after another breaking. and when u finally got it right, it gets smacked.

Theres been times when i swore i'd never buy another RS, but then i drive it down the road and im completely in love with it again...

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
By reading your post it sounds like you, and not your car, is a failure.

a turbo'd yellow car
unless the post was in the road! why did you hit it?

pluss most posts are below window hight i thought? :S

you being a rally drive in a cul-de-sac me thinks! :dapprove:

but comes down to sods law mate! :eek:

Golf R/Leon FR
maybe you should focus some of that hate at yourself?

spending money on a needless service?
driving like a t**t, and obviously not taking notice of the road

hmmm, mine's been great. never missed a beat, gets me from a to b...the occasional spirited drive and only pads and disc's have needed replacing in 11 months of ownership...winner! :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose if you drive a car hard you have to expect greater maintenance costs and potential 'mistakes'.

BMW E46 330i Touring
An odd mix of rant and need in this thread. I can't help feel you'd have been better to commit to one objective and go for it fully.

Puncutation is strong and the numbering of the bullet points is always a plus in a well-constructed rant thread. However, I feel some critical details, possibly involving the use of diagrams, has been omitted.

6/10 structure
3/10 content

Monaco RS Clio 172
I don't hate my 172.

I hate my right foot though. it weighs far too much. I am using so much petrol. :(