ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's time for the Liquid to Go....

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
agree with fubs cars go for peanuts on here. mint car always was the best ly

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Well thank god for my true honest friends.. sitting here reading these comments has made my blood boil, but also showed me how those who know the history of my car have explained what's happened. At the end of the day, this isn't a for sale thread, and if anyone was a prospective buyer you would be presented with a folder full of receipts for every single piece of work done to the car (new bumper included). It's a well maintained and loved car... she has had nothing but the best during the whole time I have owned her...

Heres a pic of what all the fuss was about.. and no, id rather not mention it.. .i was distraught when it happend that id rather not bring it up again.. but it was such a tiny bump - wouldnt obviously lie if someone asked me about it though:

CarPics002.jpg

As Lee and Fubs have said.. i was so anal about it all that i have everything replaced brand new.. and she went to the renault body shop to be repaired (and god did that tiny scratch cost me!)

And guys your right.. selling the car on here just isnt worth it ,which is a shame - she will go on pistonheads and any prospective buyer can contact me from there

tiTTy & SV650
lol at the witch hunt! Car always looked awesome, did you sell John the phquick recently? Cause its also a minter!

Mk2 Clio dci
thats is awesome! I love that colour! I so would buy it off you as-is, but i can only afford about £7k and that wont be till march. :(

Good luck with the sale though!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
has this been sold yet???

and wtf with all the bad comments all over some stupid stickers

so what if a new front bumper is on the car

when i sold my 182 it had two shocks blown and was leaking oil from about 3 places after taking it to pembre two days before i sold it

it is sold as seen anyway?

( i sold my car to a garage before anybody thinks i shaffted anybody)

and i only got 6k for a 182 with 40k a year ago

Golf R
has this been sold yet???

and wtf with all the bad comments all over some stupid stickers

so what if a new front bumper is on the car

when i sold my 182 it had two shocks blown and was leaking oil from about 3 places after taking it to pembre two days before i sold it

it is sold as seen anyway?

( i sold my car to a garage before anybody thinks i shaffted anybody)

and i only got 6k for a 182 with 40k a year ago

nope, not for sale yet.... going up in the next few days. this started off as a thread asking for opinions and whether to keep the car 'as is' or to remove some mods and sell them separately to get the best price for the car

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Turinis are now Sold Peeps.. so the car will be sitting on its standard 182 wheels come this weekend. Will get the Add up tonight i hope (its gona look really weird!)

Clio 172 mk2
As above LY commands a premium and its worth whatever someones prepared to pay for it. I reckon £8.5-9k.
Alot of people harp on about its getting close to Trophy prices, well not everyone wants a Trophy! The lack of Xenons and cloth rear seats are not everyones cup of tea and you can say "oh but it has the sachs dampers and the anthracite turinis", if someone is set on Liquid Yellow your wasting your time trying to tempt them with a Trophy. If there is someone out there now hunting for a mint well looked after LY you can charge what you want.

Well they will also want LY as it's a rare colour.

Personally I'm not a fan of LY at all and would just go for the Trophy and take the back seats out....job done.

Lovely car though and worth it....from what I can gather it's been well looked after:D

Good luck with the sale

FRS Mk3 Red edition
i have a friend who works at a ford dealers and you would be horrified at how many brand new cars find their way to the bodyshop before they are delivered to the customers. does this make the cars unsaleable??

if a car has had paint it is an unavoidable fact of life, stone chips to the bonnet, bumper scrapes, door dents they are all part of life and we cannot avoid them unless we leave our cars in the garage and don't drive them.
how many people can be 100% sure there car has not had paint, you do not know until you run a Paint Thickness Gauge over the panels.

just as long as the work has been carried out by a reputable bodyshop their is nothing to worry about.

i had a focus RS and ford had painted one of the rear quarters due to crap paintwork from the factory and it also had to have a new bonnet due to issues with that. work was a high standard and it didn't bother me.

bubbles i would buy your in instant if i was in the market for a 182.

VaVa
Of course there's nothing to worry about. I even said it was only plastics.

But let me put it to you like this - If there are two Clio's sat next to each other, identical in every way except one has been bumped and repaired and the other one is completely original, which one is worth more?

Last edited:
  M135i
now not being funny, but was does every good thread on here start into a war?

Bubbles, shame to see the car go, but im sure you'll get something better at some point! :) good luck with the house :)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Car will sell no worries, don't even bother on here.

I would buy on here as prices lower by the hour.

Regarding selling, give it a miss unless you want the usual 'you can get one for £000's less etc etc etc'.

Also contrary to popuar belief most are pennyless on here;)

Golf R
But let me put it to you like this - If there are two Clio's sat next to each other, identical in every way except one has been bumped and repaired and the other one is completely original, which one is worth more?

depends whether you know it's been bumped or not?

and tbh i don't know what you're trying to prove or disprove by keep banging on about it really??

Clio 172 mk2
Really pathetic how people keep banging on (pardon the pun) abou the minor damage to the bumper.

Golf R
now not being funny, but was does every good thread on here start into a war?

Bubbles, shame to see the car go, but im sure you'll get something better at some point! :) good luck with the house :)

good to see you back on here fella :approve:

think we'll all be gutted to see the car go really :dapprove:

M135i
the 180 is a real minter now mate. i really do mean that. sell sell sell in the next few weeks! got the scratches sorted, top dollar work on them too :)

cock mobile.
the 180 is a real minter now mate. i really do mean that. sell sell sell in the next few weeks! got the scratches sorted, top dollar work on them too :)

Really?! Did you have to shell out loads?

Give me a PM when you come to sell it mate, my Bro may be in the market for a Cup in about a month (he always loved mine), he's got a new job and is loosing his company Laguna and is looking for a bargain ;)

M135i
no, for the quailty of work done it was like paying a pound for a porsche :)

ill let you know when i come to sell. it'll most likely be in about a month so that should work out nicely :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Thanks for the nice comments guys :D its a shame that a select few have to spoil things

cock mobile.
Hehe - you'll get whats coming to you ;) got a nice tan?

Got a pink belly lol, it's fading a bit now!

You'll have to do a better job of putting sun lotion on Gareth than I got lol.

PS. Congrats on the new purchase!!

Megane 230 R26
Thanks for the nice comments guys :D its a shame that a select few have to spoil things

Indeed :dapprove: It's a very nice car as many have said, you shouldn't have to avoid selling it in here just because some people are being silly, just don't take any s**t and tell timewasters where to go.

I'm sure it'll go to a good home with someone who genuinely appreciates its value, condition and the care it's had :approve:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Shame it's going Bubbs, stunning lovely car despite the life of continual neglect and abuse it's had ;)

If you end up breaking it I'll give you a 172 Cup drivers seat and £500 for your drivers seat?