ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes syncing with ipod and iphone.

I have a search and can't find a clear answer.

I have itunes 9, which I use for my ipod nano. Now, I'm getting the iphone delivered today, and I want to know whether there's going to be issues with having an ipod and iphone on my itunes? Will it try and put all the music on the phone when I plug it in?

Or is it intelligent enough to know it's a different device?

No issue really, you can have both sync'd to your iTunes. You can have both/either in manual or auto sync aswell

I'm not looking forward to having to activate it when it arrives.

Apple couldn't make it simple could they, like you just get it and put the sim in like any other phone. And, I've had to change tariffs to get the data allowance.

It better not be as much hassle all the time, or it's going back within the 14 days.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Activating is easy, connect it to your computer and start iTunes. You would have got the data allowance if you'd asked to add the bolt-on to your existing contract. If you mentioned using the sim in the iPhone then they would only offer you a iPhone contract, best not to mention the phone at all.

Well it was cheaper to go on an "iphone" tariff, because my tariff atm is;

600 mins - 500 texts - free unlimited texts bolt on - £35

so would have been £7.50 (£42.50) to add the data internet etc.

But they looked at my usage and discovered I hardly use any minutes, so they changed me to the iphone tariff for £30, which is only 75 mins, and 500 texts, but I get free internet. Add the unlimited text bolt ons, and it's £37.50. I can have 600 mins for £42.50 if I want. (and be back to where I was basically) I looked before hand, and couldn't find anyway to get a better deal.

Do I have to choose a tariff etc when I activate? Videos online show this, and something about a pac code.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not if you already have a o2 account, it should automatically activate for you. Those options are for new customers with a brand new sim card provided with the iPhone.

Not if you already have a o2 account, it should automatically activate for you. Those options are for new customers with a brand new sim card provided with the iPhone.

Ok. Will just see what happens when I plug it in. Fcuking Apple.

It arrived.

One thing... Do I need to use 3G connection on the phone to activate it? As the woman at O2 said it would be best to wait till tomorrow to activate it as my tariff won't swap over until midnight and I currently pay for any wap/internet used.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It activates using your computers internet connection when you launch iTunes, no need for a 3G signal. The only thing that will happen if you use the iPhone today is you'll be charged for any data usage.

It activates using your computers internet connection when you launch iTunes, no need for a 3G signal. The only thing that will happen if you use the iPhone today is you'll be charged for any data usage.

Ok cool. I'll activate it when I get home then. I will just go easy on the data side of things. I'd rather pay a quid or so in charges than wait another 24 hours lol.

Just though I would check that's all.