ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've crossed to the dark side

A red missile
The skies will fall and hell has officially frozen over - I've just ordered an iPad, yes I know the new one comes out in February (ish) next year but i'll palm this one off onto the wife and buy a new one ;)

And no this doesn't mean i'll be buying a macbook either!

I can feel my man part getting bigger already - is this normal?

Perfectly normal.

Now buy Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, GTA, Stick Golf, Aqueduct, Words with Friends, Trainyard and Flight Control and we'll let you into our gang :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I give you six months before you look at your creaky, plastic PC and wish it was more like your iPad.

Not long before you realise that Alienware are massively overpriced Dells, then? Good good. MBP here we come. It's s slippery slope my man. You will be turned!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Is there any need for a laptop if you have an ipad? (That is a genuine question) - Aiming at folk that mostly browse the web, look at foto's, edit them etc?!

Probably not.

Obviously it depends exactly what you do and it's nicer to type for extended periods with a proper keyboard but for 'most' people, facebook, websites, pictures etc, the iPad is perfect. Which is exactly why it's selling so well.

Clio 172 Cup
Never experienced anything Apple, until I ventured into the new Apple shop at the Metro Centre.

My lass had to drag me out kicking and screaming. I was impressed put it that way, Bank manager maybe not so.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
:eek:

I thought it was getting warmer, was that a blip? Should we now be preparing for hell to freeze over?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Doubt they'll update then TBH.

They've only just updated them to run i3/i5 & i7's.

Will be Mid-2011, at the earliest.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't the new ipad due within 4 months, i'd love one but really cannot justify it when i have a mbp too.

Alex you better buy one! And, imo, the current crop are excellent, cant see a big update next year really with the exception of the new OS.

The MBP's will get smaller and get the higher res screens that are in the Airs. Possibly no disc drive.

New iPad won't be til April.

DCi 100
I have to constantly play with the powercable with this laptop to get it to stay on charge. And even when it isn't, the battery life is 45 minutes, and it turns off at 25 with critical low battery.

I am 100% getting one. Hopefully by the end of January! 13", what spec I do not know.

Is no optical drive an actual rumour or just a guess? Start removing that stuff and it's no longer a proper computer.

That said, how often do I use my optical drive? Hmmm not often in my 17", but quite often with my 13" business machine. I guess I'd have to use a USB drive of some sort with future MBPs if they do axe the drive. I already often use a USB 3.5" floppy drive anyway. Just something else to carry around though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't think I've ever used the OD, apart from to load Creative Suite.

You can even download that though, and it's quicker.

A red missile
Perfectly normal.

Now buy Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, GTA, Stick Golf, Aqueduct, Words with Friends, Trainyard and Flight Control and we'll let you into our gang :D

I've already told the wife I want a £25 app voucher for chrimbo ;) I've already played angry birds on a mates iPhone, I'm guessing it's awesome +1 on an iPad.

Oh and if I join your gang do I get one of those black polo neck sweaters with an Apple logo on it?

Not long before you realise that Alienware are massively overpriced Dells, then? Good good. MBP here we come. It's s slippery slope my man. You will be turned!

Not in this lifetime sweetness, Maggie Thatcher (you remember her - lunatic - ran the country once) has got nothing on me - this man's not for turning.

A red missile
Well it turned up today, initial impression is that it's absolutely awesome, set up a game centre & itunes store id, angry birds is currently on the download :)

It's like Macdonalds in here - I'm f**king loving it ;)