ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iWeb and FTP

fiesta 1.25
I've just done a simple site for history group and wanted to test it by publishing it to one of my domains. I've got hosting through JustHost and i've entered everything correct. When i visit the URL it comes up with error 404 like below.

I've not done any of this for a while so i've forgotten everything. Presuming its just a simple problem?

Screenshot2010-07-21at202029.png

Screenshot2010-07-21at202112.png

Screenshot2010-07-21at201902.png

Fabia VRS Special Ed
you're missing the extension in the URL, e.g. .html

EDIT: Is that the folder name? "Latchford_History_Group"?

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Presuming your home page for the site is already called index.htm / .html or default.htm / .html?

It is possible that you have stored it in the 'root' of your FTP one directory up from public_html / www folder, so it is not actually accessible.

The Directory / Path option when you're uploading the site may need to be filled in. Connect with a normal FTP client and find the correct path to your hostings public directory (usually public_html or www)

Edit: In most cases the Directory / Path is simply /public_html

All the best,
Ryan

Fabia VRS Special Ed
If you want me to have a look then I've got a bit of time to look now, PM me.

It'll be a simple fix trust me :)

By the way, the best FTP client I've used is "FlashFXP", you can get it on a 30 day trial...It's awesome :)

MK2 Clio
If you log into your justhost account and go to file manager, you will see the public html directory (if www folder is there ignore it because cpanel set it as a link only) then put that in your path folder, and make sure the suffix is .html .htm or .php :)
are you coding in php or html? Also concider abrieviating the folder until you get it working successfully, also your isp may cache the site so you should check via a proxy such as hidemyass.com - h i d e m y a s s . c o m

Polo (not quite a Clio)
You need to move the contents of the historylatchford1 folder to the folder above it within the directory tree

It probably goes something a bit like this:

- home directory (root)
- public_html directory​
- historylatchford1 directory

This is just an example, it will differ between hosts.

You need to move it to the parent folder of the historylatchford1 folder.

All the best,
Ryan

Last edited:
  fiesta 1.25
Ive put the historylatchford1 folder in public_html/latchfordhistorygroup.co.uk so i need to move it out into public_html?

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Ive put the historylatchford1 folder in public_html/latchfordhistorygroup.co.uk so i need to move it out into public_html?

No, it needs to go into the 'latchfordhistorygroup.co.uk' folder, so basically move all the contents of the historylatchford1 folder into the 'latchfordhistorygroup.co.uk' folder.

fiesta 1.25
Have done mate, didnt relise it was full.

Still can't do it, ive put the folder in public_html aswell as public_html/latchfordhistorygroup.co.uk and no luck any of you able to sign into my account?