ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jacking points

golf
Were are they on a mk2 ph1?
i used the sill nearest the front of the car but is seems to be bending slowly?

i know theres a part in the members section but can someone tell me were they are?

cheers

Lionel Richie
NEVER use the front sills, they bend

look about 30cm under the car and you will see a box section, jack up here

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
ive just welded some angle on the silld so that i can use them as jacking points on me race car!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
OI! lol it makes it a whole lot easier if you changing wheels and spanner checking at race meetings or track days we used to do it the cars last year.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
yea we did use some sexy american aluminuim ones but when your jacking the car up bout 20 odd times in a weekend it still bends alot

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
no your right if you use the "box section" or chassis rail its called :rasp: it wouldnt but when your half way through a qualifing sesion and you need to swap the wheels front to back as quick as you can you dnt want to be faffing around under car trying to find the rail.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
jack it from the chassis rail otherwise known as the box section then put stands on sill is what i do on my road car

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
ok if you get some lengths of wood or similar and put these on the stands so that it spreads the weight this could also be done with the jack

monaco 172
Rear sills don't tend to bend as the weight is all up front so should be fine. I've used the rear sills loads of times when I can't use the rear beam and never bent one