ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking question...

RB FF 182
When jacking the car up at the front as so...

5691b712-35ad-fe4f.jpg

The back wheel actually leaves the floor before the front one... It seems to take forever to get the front one off the ground. I haven't noticed this on the other side of the car but to be honest I forgot to check.

Is this normal?

While we're on jacking, where is the jacking point? Is it marked on the sill by a small oval? I tried to jack mine up using the Renault jack yesterday and it just bent the sill!

Look under the side of the car you will see a big thick box section running down the car on either side, about 1ft in from the sill. Thats the proper chassis rail, use that

Clio 182 cup
Dealer flattened my sill at the jacking point when car was only 1 year old. Said it couldn't have been them as the mechanic would have seen it...Mmmm Right! So if using a trolly jack on the sill take care......Make sure the jack castors will let the jack roll outwards as you drop the car, or it will push your sill inwards and upwards.

Yeah me too, The Renault jack is a really good design, I always get worried when cars come with really good jacks, it means they expect you to use them a lot!

I use the chasis rail as said above but a little bit back from right at the front so you can get some axle stands in there.