ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jack's 182 Project In Progress

M2 / Golf GTI
Right, figured it was about time for an update about my car.

Purchased it in July 08. Clio 182, 2004.

Car was totally standard apart from Stainless steel Cat Back (Janspeed) and Sports cat. Hopefully these may have added a bit of extra bhp anyway. Wasn’t put off by this at all as heard how the original exhausts on these tend to rot away.

First job when getting it back was a big clean, car was covered in flies from driving it back from Bristol.

IMG_0476.jpg

Yuk!

6 Hours later….

clio1.jpg

All went a little bit quiet then after paying for the initial outlay on the car. Mainly just general cleaning / maintenance and a couple photos in between!

resize.jpg

This month I finally decided to do a couple mods to get me going and was very please how they came out.

Firstly I purchased some -40mm Apex springs which apparently are meant for looks more than performance, but can’t really complain how they handle at all. While I had these fitted at TRM I had Tim fit me some new exhaust hangers. Original hangers where getting a little perished and bodged by the old owner with hose pipes…

Next up I decided to purchase a K-tec Carbon Front splitter as there was a very good deal running on them. The car was meant to come with a splitter standard as this is one of the options with the cup pack along with the anthracite alloys. Anyway, once again Tim fitted it for me no problems as I am rubbish with stuff like this! Very happy with how it came out and makes the front look a bit more aggressive IMO of course.

IMG_3856.jpg

Car at this point is pretty much plastered in mud and road grime. Luckily the several layers of wax I had layered up protected it pretty well so just gave it a quick wash off and another couple layers today and tried a few garage pics to show off my new painted front badge. Massive mod! Oh, and I’m not sure why the side lights look so blue, they’re not in person tbh.

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Few random photo’s to finish with…

Moving.jpg

cars-1.jpg

IMG_3389_3.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Thanks for the read.

:cool:

M2 / Golf GTI
My old mans. :( Wish it was mine!

*hmmz - chance to be ollie #2 missed right there!*

172 Monaco
Jack as always ur car looks awful! lol ... Pish.. carbon rubbish. lol.. Its fake!

love the old mans car... will be taken for a spin in it when we do a shoot! lol

VW Caddy Van
Sidelight bulbs are easy to fit, well i found them easy lol

Jack cars looking good. Thats one thing i need to do is get a splitter but the roads and speed bumps i need to go over i'll just get an original or a 307 one lol

M2 / Golf GTI
Canon 40D, is my friends camera he takes most of them for me.

Some where taken with my Canon A640 10mp which is suprisingly good too.

M2 / Golf GTI
Quick update,

Had the AUX belt fitted on Weds along with my Carbon bonnet. I know it wont be to everyones taste, and to be fair I wasn't sure myself to start with but it's growing on me. Those who didn't know the previous bonnet pretty much rotted away so I decided to buy a carbon one. Anyway heres some pics.

BOnnet-2.jpg

weave.jpg

More to follow when stuff gets delivered!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm really liking that carbon bonnet!

What paint did you do your calipers with? I did mine with hammerite smooth silver and the heat has made it gone a wierd goldy kind of colour now!!

M2 / Golf GTI
Was painted with hammerite as well. Mine are still silver for now. Took ages doing it!

R56 JCW
Love the carbon bonnet dude!!!! Get some Turinis on there in anthracite and lower it will look the biz then mate :)

M2 / Golf GTI
I've ordered the carbon rear strip, will be ordering the wing mirrors, and fog light surrounds soon. Anthracite turini's are on the list all in good time.