ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jack's Clio 1.2

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Right here's my 1.2 Clio it's one of my daily drivers not the biggest fan of the colour but it's alright replaced a sunroof seal, carbon canister and coil pack! I'm looking at doing a couple of things such as refurb the wheels colour code boot button, get towbar covers and get a better sound system and a new damper as current one is weeping! So here it is!
eqy4ena4.jpg

ba6a7y8u.jpg

jagemedy.jpg

u4a5u7yq.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Suggestions of what else to do please! Ohh and I also plan to gloss black interior wrap in places!

Arctic 182FF
It's very easy to pour ridiculous amounts of money into a non-sport clio. After doing it twice my recommendation would be not to start modding! However, no one would've been able to tell me otherwise so if you're looking for inspiration, have a look here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-In-Here/page124&highlight=non+sports+in+here
and here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-Skint-People&highlight=mods+for+skint+people

Depends how much you want to throw into it really and how you want it to look. However, I think as you mentioned colour coding the boot button, that'd be a good start. You could probably also colour code the side strips yourself for fairly cheap.
I've done more things to my car than I could even list, it makes me shudder to think that I've genuinely spent over £1000 on cosmetic mods on my current car, and I'm still not finished with it yet!

Best of luck, enjoy your car!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers mate literally it's just going to be a really small amount of things to do on it, as I say it's a daily driver and a good workhorse

Arctic 182FF
Okay cheers! Now they both push into the door shut and lift off right?

Yeah that's right. Takes a bit of force to do it the first time, if you use some sort of tool to push them, cover it with a cloth so it doesn't scratch the paint.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Right I have thought of a few more things! Rear 12v socket, change sound system remove fried egg effect and some led bulbs

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cleaned it yesterday and sprayed the grille, removed clio badge ready for new one and experimented with the 16v part of side strip!
unujene5.jpg

ajy5yveb.jpg

ezu8y5az.jpg

sy9uju2y.jpg

e2y7ejy3.jpg

sunepa5e.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
A lot has happened since, good and bad
Latest thing is the sunroof started to leak again this evening! Also a Wheel cracked so I got a replacement from a scrappy for £30 and now 2 new tyres are on the front (Ventus Prime 2) I've also received and fitted all of my ebay bits and sprayed the wheel nut cover bolt grey to match the wheels!
agemumez.jpg

And the second hand wheel after a clean :)
6a3u3a5u.jpg

Sprayed bolts :)
a3a4egap.jpg

e7esyzut.jpg

da3u3u4u.jpg

And the car got a clean! Excuse the steel spare in the photo!
ezeruqup.jpg

a7ymyvaq.jpg

rava7a2u.jpg

Also started on my new project which is a Fabia 1.8T conversion!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
So it's had a second hand engine out in since and now I've took it off the road and bought a van until I can get all of my list of jobs done on it as it needs the work and I want to get it all sorted before using it again! Lists.... Things to do:
Cam Belt and Water Pump
Repair Exhaust backbox
Replace sunroof
Clean interior
Make my own phone dock
Bluetooth stereo
Replace melting steering wheel
Refurbish Alloys in my garage
New working speakers
Fully repair dented bonnet
Permanently fix dodgy passenger seat wiring
Get Cigarette lighter working
Service
Rear Shock Absorbers
And that's all for now :)

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ohh and also de tango lights
RS Grille too
Check brakes
Rear dashcam
Stubby aerial
Spray the faded interior trim
Colour code side strips, door handles and the spoiler on roof and boot centre button!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I have progress sadly it really isn't good!
Car has been reversed into damaging the front end so might slowly start to make it a 1*2 rep!

Last edited:

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I have progress sadly it really isn't good!
Car has been reversed into damaging the front end so might slowly start to make it a 1*2 rep!
That didn't happen, I just repaired the bumper, not much has been done except putting some Pioneer speakers I have from one of my previous vans into the front and rear. Painted the rear drums silver as it was annoying me and fitted de tangoed indicator bulbs as well as sorting the headlamps out properly.
cdda197bd9b3d983aee9523dba789d9f.jpg

ab4026dc0a184bb1e58e0628a6b3d57e.jpg

8f4a9a982aed478030be049dead01fcf.jpg

515de549455bec7c958339035067a55e.jpg

Last one is how they looked before I sorted them!

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
These arrived today! Not bad to get 8 pads and 4 applicators of good quality for £18 :)
d5dc1fa1f4f7018bdf327b4f0f008cee.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Update:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416083618.061423.jpg

Fitted new side strips which looked gash and were removed instantly.
Sunroof leaking again, need to check which part this time.
Fitted some Blackvue front and rear cameras.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye not a fan of the side strips!

Where did you get the pads from? Seems cheap, how do you find them?
It was a Briskoda group buy by Ste (Samuir1974) from one of his suppliers and the best set I've used so far

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Did a garage clearance in it earlier, hooked up a braked trailer, about 900kg fully loaded, quite surprised at how well it went.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Someone cut your brake lines? Wtaf??
Yes there was an on going thread on Briskoda which is gone now but over the past 6 months we've had cars keyed and glass smashed, wheel bolts loosened and then nothing for a while until the car was left out of CCTV camera range and then it was cut.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Repaired sunroof, needs a pair of new rear shocks. As I was moving it EML light came on but I've left my scanner in the Jag :(

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, my Bluetooth stereo plus remote adapter lead arrived last night so this morning I fitted it all up and am delighted with it, I've also had 2 Blackvue cameras fitted by myself. Head unit makes such a difference with my new speakers a few pictures excuse the mess.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417278067.142337.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417278096.957147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417278121.623685.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417278139.975034.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417278158.997693.jpg