ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jc5 gripper dog engagement gear kit or sadev?

02 clio 172
Hi all, im just after a little bit of advice if possible on what gear kit to go for between the two in the title?! Anyone experienced either? Its going to be going into a sprint/hillclimb clio, so a little bit of advice on the ideal ratios would be great too?! :wink:

Regards

Jamie

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Depends on what class you are intending to run in.

I ran a Gripper different with 4.6cwp this year and it was great, although I could have done with more power as my engine is standard, original and done 173k miles!
I ran in road modified class 1B

02 clio 172
What sort of results were you getting running a standard motor? Mines stock at the moment too, but im just taking all parts and costs into consideration before going that bit further with it or I'll be changing to a bike powered kit car due to the maintenance costs being the same if not alot less in certain areas and depending on engines and suspension set ups can be alot more competetive.