ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - Part 2! New Project - DC5 content :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No dude, it's just the amount of people that have seen the pics. The traffic resets every month, and I don't think it's on the first, they'll come back.

Small update.

2 new potenzas on the front

null_zpsca8a7d31.jpg

And a new headunit, old one was terrible!! Just waiting for some plastic to arrive so I can make a surround for it.

null_zpsd9eec7e4.jpg

I know yeh, I'll give it a go now.

Loving it, tempted to swap my wheels with some OE ones, but they are in black at the moment.

Now I've got the tyres out of the way, modding can start! :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ha ha, love the new pic. Great cars, i just wish they were a bit cheaper so i could justify buying one.

Range Rover Sport
I love the look of these.

Another car I've always wanted but always skipped. Maybe one day once the Clio has stopped giving me the adrenalin rush I'll look at one.

Lovely car you have!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agree with that. I can't help think that they belong on an episode of dr who lol, by christ they ain't pretty.

Range Rover Sport
Agree with that. I can't help think that they belong on an episode of dr who lol, by christ they ain't pretty.

Even on the Evo they don't look nice and don't offer much if any performance gains over a simple panel filter / box upgrade.

Why not try Gruppe M? Vtec lads rave about them and there getting pretty rare with the cheaper Tegiwa about.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Cheers for letting me out (Hilux) of the Slaughter Hill road yesterday before VTEC kicked in YO!

HU looks noice! What sort of figures do they get with supercharging?

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Subscribed!
I'm on the lookout for one myself at the moment, do you have any advice or specific things/faults to watch out for?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
If it's like any other Honda...

Rust, crunching gear boxes, rough sounding engines.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are the wheels championship White Bdn? They look too White in some pictures.

I like them though. They OE so they work in the correct colour. Don't put Black wheels on the car unless it's just for Winter!

So today I went to area Motorsport to get a few bits done.

Arrived at about 10am and was kindly dropped off at the local weatherspoons :)

E4957A79-0BAA-4C7A-8C37-D8312D3A78AB_zpspqsiyw7s.jpg

95BF1957-F104-4856-89E4-61B354B6E843_zps5xxhfww2.jpg

Ended up with a new clutch, lightweight flywheel.

32C161A2-F2EA-410B-BE11-34EA8D95CCA9_zps4nx15bsx.jpg

18D673EE-34A3-481B-88B4-26C12AE23A67_zpsrzxick36.jpg

DF758E25-C10F-4B9B-931F-807D6D7C8500_zpshlif2wlo.jpg

Previous clutch on it way out!! Can see it slowly shredding at the ends

14BEC689-E169-44A6-BC70-5DCB4F3BD7CA_zps2rlzvsb7.jpg

Flywheel had scour marks

0F20BC1E-5F81-4629-A036-19304B6EF674_zps92d3fzo6.jpg

I also had the powerflex gearbox mounts fitted, found out it already had the energy engine mounts already.

They also fitted some locking collars to the subframe and fixed a leak on my exhaust.

Top job, great experience and I'll be back soon for sure :)