ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - Part 2! New Project - DC5 content :)

Lol!

Yeah, needs a going over. Wet vac and mild APC/Brush will sort that no issues.

Are these quick? Or is it "just" the handling? Do I feel a TDF supercharge coming on?!?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Have you driven a Dc2 before Ben? Would be interested in hearing how the Dc5 compares.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
That looks awesome.

Although I could never go from that boosted 5-pot to a V-tec. Not in a million years.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The ST feels like it weighs 3 times as much as a DC5. Much lighter on it's toes.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
it feels just as quick, alot more responsive, no messy traction control. More of a drivers car i guess. Alot more raw.
Oh no doubt mate. Looks a million times more special aswell.

I'm just going off personal experiences of V-tec and it always leaves me feeling underwhelmed. I just prefer the characteristics of the Focus engine.

Oh no doubt mate. Looks a million times more special aswell.

I'm just going off personal experiences of V-tec and it always leaves me feeling underwhelmed. I just prefer the characteristics of the Focus engine.

I liked it, the sound was lovely. But it just didnt feel eager enough for me. Good mile cruncher but not a drivers car IMO

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
lovely looking car, hope you have better luck with this one!

What day are you heading out to the ring? Ill be there saturday to monday myself :)

172 Cup
The DC5 looks lovely dude, I like the wheels although I do like the standard wheels too! I'll look forward to your progress updates :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
FLOL at the "k" being stickered over on the clocks.
Looks a nice machine

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The DC5 looks superb, always liked these and the white JDM EP3 Type R's you had. Good to see it will be getting used properly aswel :approve:

Clio 172 Cup
Awesome cars mate. I've had two before I settled on getting a house :)

​let me know if you have any tech questions I might be able to help

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just got back from the ring.

All I can say is this thing handles like nothing over driven before, so planted its unreal!! Write up with pics coming tomorrow :)

Epic, came through the village this morning and had a perv on the way past. Did spot a fair bit of brake dust on the front wheels and figured it must have had a hammering somewhere lol!

Few pics of it from the 'ring trip this weekend
null_zpsa194a06c.jpg

null_zps7ca2497f.jpg

null_zpsbf83666e.jpg

null_zps90830ffc.jpg

null_zps8b90d371.jpg

null_zps422ec053.jpg

null_zpsdff70617.jpg

null_zpsbe966a1c.jpg

As for the car....

Well it performed without fault. Engine and gearbox are amazing as you would expect.

The handling is another level compared to the EP3, its weird how much different it can be. So much more direct and precise, the steering helps with this massively, as its hydraulic rather than electric.

I ran out of skill far before the car gave up, the grip through the corners was brilliant, even in the wet is still gave confidence. It was at home on the track, grip through the corners was immense, LSD for pulling out of them worked a treat, really did come into its own!

Much more of a drivers car than the ST, and even the EP3 to an extent IMO, feels a lot more raw.

Downsides, its noisy with a manifold and cat back, lack of sound deadning doesnt help.

But when you are on full chat, its amazing, picks up speed really well.

All in all an amazing car :) A litte more power, and a few more handling mods and itll be a proper weapon!

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is it the camera wobbling or is the bumper flapping about?

As if I forgot to mention! It sounds awesome

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I absolutely adore these cars, just a shame they are so unjustifiably expensive.